Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

By the way, excluding the Metro/Modern ApplicationFrameHost abomination there are at least 3 title bar sizes I've observed, depending on what window is opened...  This matters more now that Microsoft is painting the caption buttons at the height of the title bar.

MultipleTitleBarSizes.gif

-Noel

AeroGlass for build 10130 doesn't work well for me on build 10162. Soon after it starts, all effects disappear and I end up with lame white window borders everywhere. Happens almost every time any window gains or loses focus. Actually, if I start it and wait about half minute, then switch to another window, it will happen immediately, but if I start it and immediately and try switching windows, it will happen after few tries.

Log also complains about missing symbols and DWM incompatibility. I couldn't obtain updated symbols. Oh well, I'm sure things will resolve when the final build is released.

Edited by UCyborg

AeroGlass for build 10130 doesn't work well for me on build 10162. Soon after it starts, all effects disappear and I end up with lame white window borders everywhere. Happens almost every time any window gains or loses focus. Actually, if I start it and wait about half minute, then switch to another window, it will happen immediately, but if I start it and immediately and try switching windows, it will happen after few tries.

Log also complains about missing symbols and DWM incompatibility. I couldn't obtain updated symbols. Oh well, I'm sure things will resolve when the final build is released.

You need donation.key for it to work.

Is that the only way ATM? I remember manually downloading symbol files worked just fine on Win 8.1, but here it says "mismatched or not found" for each .pdb file I try to download.

Edited by UCyborg

After some investigation, it appears as if too many Modern Apps open on one monitor will cause dwm.exe to crash, over and over until my video driver shuts down.  I have two monitors running, and usually keep a weather app, and a twitter app open on the 2nd.  If I open, let's say Store, or Edge, and move it over to the 2nd monitor, all hell breaks loose.  Massive flashing until video driver crashes, and I have to restart.  :(

same for me too...

You need donation.key for it to work.

Make no difference....

Microsoft hasn't released symbols for Windows 10 Preview since April 2015. Go to this link to see about what Symbols are available.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg463028.aspx

By the way, excluding the Metro/Modern ApplicationFrameHost abomination there are at least 3 title bar sizes I've observed, depending on what window is opened...  This matters more now that Microsoft is painting the caption buttons at the height of the title bar.

MultipleTitleBarSizes.gif

-Noel

....this is from edge-10162. seems hard to make a common line here:

CgG1pPj.png

What did you do to get double caption buttons?

Making Modern Apps conform to the desktop theme doesn't seem to me doable at all at the moment.  ModernFrame.dll simply didn't work when I tried it.  Perhaps Big Muscle will have something that better integrates the Modern Apps when the software is released, though in my world Modern Apps won't see use so I don't care much.

I suppose it's just barely possible build 10162 will be the general release, but who can say?  Seems like they have to have the build done somewhat in advance of the Big Day, or it'll go out without any testing at all.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

ModernFrame.dll might be partially working and screwing things up.  I'd remove it from the AppInit_DLLs registry key if I were you, until Big Muscle makes a compatible version.

-Noel