Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

I was so blown away with Aero Glass being on my computer again until I seen the watermark then the nag screen started.

I am caught between two worlds because I would like to register and continue to use Windows 8.1 but now that I learned Aero Glass is coming back in Windows 10 I don't know if I should just upgrade instead.

It would save me on your program, Start is Back and a host of other hacks when everything will just be native and be consistant with updates direct from MS.

I mean I don't want to be sitting there and be nagged into deleting my keys, re registering and whatever when a new update comes along.

Any suggestions on what would be the best thing to do?

Will your Aero Glass for Win 10 be any better than native Aero Glass?

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/29/8517743/windows-10-preview-build-april-update

Edited by BobToad676

well the nag screen is annoying true, but the watermark is only shown on the deskop, so not really a problem, and with Aero on W10 well it's just there marginally like on the taskbar or startmenu. I personally think the startmenu of w10 is still a decline compared to w7 or startisback/classic shell etc.

Will your Aero Glass for Win 10 be any better than native Aero Glass?

What Microsoft has done with the UI in Windows 10 is really a bad joke.  It's not the "Aero Glass" people have been calling for.

Aero Glass is much more than just a hint of translucency behind the start menu or Taskbar.  In its full implementation - e.g., in Win 7 - it embodies the entirety of the theme, which extends not only to the caption buttons and window borders (they're solid white in Windows 10), but also to the theme that governs the display of buttons and other controls within the desktop applications.  Windows 10 is all white on white "polar bear in a snowstorm".

Aero Glass, as an entire theme, paid attention to usability - you could easily pick out, visually, the controls you need to use.  THAT's what people who crave the return of Aero Glass mean when they ask for it - not token translucency behind a Start Menu that everyone's going to replace anyway. 

Ideally, once Windows 10 releases someone will update a theme implementation to work with it and Big Muscle's Aero Glass implementation and maybe Classic Shell or Start Is Back to fully return usability to the desktop.  Frankly until that happens Windows 10 is not worth having.

What Microsoft has done in Windows 10 is begrudgingly bring back something they call Aero Glass to try to placate users who don't know any better.  Bob, you've fallen prey to their "marketing press release" strategy.  It's not comparable.

A whole solution like this, presently doable in Win 8.1, is what I mean:  http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/173976-craving-an-updated-ui-experience-re-skin-windows-81/

-Noel

It crashes when holding the mouse cursor on taskbar thumbnails, anyone have this problem?

--edit--

Build 10158 is out, I'm updating right now  :unsure:

--edit--

Just tested aero glass with 10158, glass is applied but there are some visual artifacts and dwm keeps restarting. I'm sorry, I can't upload the dmp files, ultra compression but still 200+  MB and my internet connection sucks.

Much better, but blur effect radius must be set to 0 before applying/installing aero glass.

win10_10158.jpg

Edited by Tusticles

The one I see updating is 10159.  Was 10158 a typo made by two three different folks?  Or something odd going on?

Build10159Downloading.png

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

wow now will check thank friends. Excuse me for my bad English :(

For me there is no 159 :(  apparently will have to wait

NoelC I see you have a new atlas theme would she share it with us, thanks :)

Edited by jofkata81

I have the same theme atlas as I published before.  I haven't generated one for the latest build yet, nor do I know I need to.

My unexpected 10159 update has stalled at 98%, even though I have left it several hours.  It was probably a mistake by Microsoft.

StalledUpdate.png

-Noel

I have the same theme atlas as I published before.  I haven't generated one for the latest build yet, nor do I know I need to.

My unexpected 10159 update has stalled at 98%, even though I have left it several hours.  It was probably a mistake by Microsoft.

StalledUpdate.png

-Noel

Try rebooting. If that won't work do this:

Stop the Windows Update service in services.

Then delete the contents of C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download (it won't delete the update already downloaded)

Start the Windows Update service. 

Check for windows updates.