Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

Could someone confirm me that it is not only me. That new taskbar blur feature in Win10 seems really unoptimized - moving the window beneath the taskbar is a bit jerky and dwm.exe CPU usage goes high.

No problem here either. Running build 10130 x64 pro.

Could someone confirm me that it is not only me. That new taskbar blur feature in Win10 seems really unoptimized - moving the window beneath the taskbar is a bit jerky and dwm.exe CPU usage goes high.

Working fine for me. My CPU stays under 10% een when I move a window beneath the taskbar.

I get these issues too, sometimes a border around taskbar "thumbnail" windows.

border.png

And a white border around steam and photoshop, probably a theme thimg but i never had themes interfering in Win8.1.

steam.png

Running on build 10130 with Noels theme.

Edited by shelter

Interesting, it must be some VMWare driver problem then. It happens even when Aero Glass is not running.

Not seeing the sluggishness here in VMware 11.  Many of the display driver calls are passed through to the host from VMware...  What GPU do you have on your host?  I have an ATI 7850 card.

Also, did you get the VMware 11.1.2 update, released this past weekend?  Did you install the updated VMware Tools?

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

And a white border around steam and photoshop, probably a theme thimg but i never had themes interfering in Win8.1.

steam.png

Running on build 10130 with Noels theme.

That's intentional (and unrelated to the taskbar thumbnail border thing). 

The white line is because I co-opted the drop shadow resources to restore a border around windows that makes them easier to see on a dark background.  I regard that as a feature, not a bug.  But I realize the same look and feel are not for everyone.

And it's not a "theme" thing, per se, but a "theme atlas" thing (the latter being just a replacement of SOME of the graphic resources that go into compositing your desktop).  The theme atlas is just one small part of an overall theme change.

Trouble is, right now full theme support for the latest versions of Win 10 is lacking - people simply haven't had enough time to figure out Win 10's reorganizations and reimplementations yet and develop a decent replacement theme that goes all the way inside applications and does things like make the controls easier to see/use.  The theme atlas, the replacement of which is facilitated by Big Muscle's Aero Glass GUI application, pretty much just skins the outside edges of windows (including the title bar caption buttons).

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Yes. maybe I used the wrong definition, but i think of theme atlases as Aero Glass themes. I didn't mean "Windows theme".

But thanks for clarifying everything. :)

Btw, here's that bug I mentioned a few posts up, drag a window to the corner and this happens:

ghostborder.jpg

Edited by shelter

blur effect radius is causing artifacts in start menu, taskbar and other natively blurred areas when its value is bigger than 0.

What about caption text color in Explorer window? :(

explorercaptiontext.jpg

Found a way to make the caption text white :D

Take ownership for these files

aero.theme

aero\aero.msstyles

aero\aerolite.msstyles

aero\en-US\aero.msstyles.mui

aero\en-US\aerolite.msstyles.mui

Now rename the following files

aero\aero.msstyles ==> aerolite.msstyles

aero\aerolite.msstyles ==> aero.msstyles

aero\en-US\aero.msstyles.mui ==> aerolite.msstyles.mui

aero\en-US\aerolite.msstyles.mui ==> aero.msstyles.mui

Edit aero.theme using Notepad

Add this new section

[Control Panel\Colors]TitleText=255 255 255InactiveTitleText=255 255 255

Now in [VisualStyles] section, change Path key value to %ResourceDir%\Themes\aero\aerolite.msstyles

whitecaption.jpg

Edited by Tusticles

shelter: now try it without Aero Glass ;)

Oh... it's just the white border in joels theme atlas that makes it more apparent. Hmmm wonder if it's a bug on microsofts side or if it's intentional.

I'll report it to msft. :P (DONE)

Btw, you can disable snapping if you don't want to see it, just open the settings app and search for snap.

I never use snapping myself.

Edited by shelter