Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

Cool!  New version of VMware workstation (11.1.2) out today as well, so with all the new software it's really nice to see everything working again!

AGOnWin10.png

Theme atlas for the above:  http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/10074/RoundedCornersBlueActive.png

-Noel

Your atlas theme doesn't work for Build 10147. This is what happens

Cool!  New version of VMware workstation (11.1.2) out today as well, so with all the new software it's really nice to see everything working again!

AGOnWin10.png

Theme atlas for the above:  http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/10074/RoundedCornersBlueActive.png

-Noel

Your atlas theme doesn't work for Build 10147. This is what happens

Use theme atlases created for build 10074.

According to your screenshot (only one console window on the taskbar), you have not installed it at all.

Not installed it? What is the correct way to install it? I installed 1.3.1 for 8.1 then end task on aero host and dwm and copied over all the files from 10130 debug and the experimental modern frame then rebooted. :o

Here is a screen shot of the cmd window and the log. http://pastebin.com/DZvmPQJ7

2cclemb.png

Edited by Hunk4TH

Well you'll need 4 things in total.

1 a working aero glass, obvious enough.

2 the modernframe dll in the same folder also pretty obvious.

3 secure boot off

4 modernframe dll in the appinitDLLs.

ModernFrame.dll doesn't install with Aero Glass.  It involves changing the AppInit_DLLs registry entry and some related ones.  When ModernFrame is loaded and doing its thing, a second CMD window will open showing debugging info.

If you're not intimately familiar with what loading a DLL with every executable in Windows does, and especially considering the ModernFrame version currently available is not fully functional with Win 10 build 10130, it might be best to just go with Aero Glass alone.

Personally I like having UxThemeSignatureBypass running as well (which also runs through AppInit_DLLs), as it helps color and shade the background of title text on ribbon-enabled windows.

-Noel

Well you'll need 4 things in total.

1 a working aero glass, obvious enough.

2 the modernframe dll in the same folder also pretty obvious.

3 secure boot off

4 modernframe dll in the appinitDLLs.

All of that done. Though I forgot about the appinitDlls so I went ahead and did that rebooted and still not working. Though Aero glass itself works great!

ModernFrame.dll doesn't install with Aero Glass.  It involves changing the AppInit_DLLs registry entry and some related ones.  When ModernFrame is loaded and doing its thing, a second CMD window will open showing debugging info.

If you're not intimately familiar with what loading a DLL with every executable in Windows does, and especially considering the ModernFrame version currently available is not fully functional with Win 10 build 10130, it might be best to just go with Aero Glass alone.

Personally I like having UxThemeSignatureBypass running as well (which also runs through AppInit_DLLs), as it helps color and shade the background of title text on ribbon-enabled windows.

-Noel

Yeah, I see what bigmuscle meant now by only one cmd window opened.Where else would I have to put ModernFrame at in the registry? Also one more question can you add both ModernFrame and UxThemeSingnatureBypass in AppInit)Dlls?

You did set loadappinitdlls to 1 and the other one with the signed app init dlls to 0?

Also you can put both in there I did as well, and space is the delimiter.

Edited by My1

Hmm... which reg settings are supported, I currenttly have these:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]
"OneCoreNoBootDWM"=dword:00000000
"CustomThemeAtlas"="C:\\Windows\\AeroGlass\\RoundedCornersBlueActive.png"
"BypassThemeSignature"=dword:00000001
"ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity"=dword:00000070
"EnableLogging"=dword:00000000
"TextGlowMode"=dword:00000002

Is there a working more transparent-like theme for build 10130?
Noels theme is nice but it interferes with my color selections a bit. :)

And what is ModernFrame.dll used for and where do I get it? It's very confusing searching a 31 page long thread.

Could someone confirm me that it is not only me. That new taskbar blur feature in Win10 seems really unoptimized - moving the window beneath the taskbar is a bit jerky and dwm.exe CPU usage goes high.

Could someone confirm me that it is not only me. That new taskbar blur feature in Win10 seems really unoptimized - moving the window beneath the taskbar is a bit jerky and dwm.exe CPU usage goes high.

No problem here with Aero Glass running, CPU is about 3-6% no matter how i drag the windows.

What seems to eat CPU is dragging spotify around but i think that's a spotify issue.

Hmm... which reg settings are supported, I currenttly have these:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]
"OneCoreNoBootDWM"=dword:00000000
"CustomThemeAtlas"="C:\\Windows\\AeroGlass\\RoundedCornersBlueActive.png"
"BypassThemeSignature"=dword:00000001
"ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity"=dword:00000070
"EnableLogging"=dword:00000000
"TextGlowMode"=dword:00000002

Is there a working more transparent-like theme for build 10130?
Noels theme is nice but it interferes with my color selections a bit. :)

And what is ModernFrame.dll used for and where do I get it? It's very confusing searching a 31 page long thread.

You can get ModernFrame.dll on bigmuscle's Windows 10 tab on his site.  It is the experimental debug dll to remove grey titlebar.  Put it in you C:\Aeroglass folder, and run below .reg file.  Restart.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]

"AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\ModernFrame.dll"

"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000001

"RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000000

Ok, thanks. I tried modernframe but I had to remove it... didn't work well with Spartan/Edge and some other apps.

Btw possible bug, dragging a window to a screen edge or corner has some graphical issues.