Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

"AeroGlass is not intended to work on any other build than <= 10041." per bigmuscle http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/173813-kb3055415-kills-aero-glass-on-win-10/

So in other words don't complain if it's not working in the latest build releases or ask him to fix it etc. until he decides to update Aero Glass for all of us. Thanks bigmuscle for all the hard work you do and for bringing back Aero Glass for everyone to enjoy!

~DP

Get a grip, guys.  Nowhere did I ask him to fix or do anything.

Sure seems to me that reporting problems Big Muscle may not have discovered himself might actually help him to make his next release better.  I distinctly recall him saying he's not going to use build 10061 himself because it's too buggy.

With all due respect, trying to act as "forum policeman" and advising others what not to post is not conducive to polite conversation.  Keep it to yourself next time.

-Noel

There are screen shots of build 10102 with aero glass http://www.ithome.com/html/win10/144497.htm and start menu with aero glass http://www.ithome.com/html/win10/144496.htm

Looks nice !! but what will it be for the future no guaranties I think

I only see aero glass effect on the start menu only

First link gotta wait for a moment 3rth picture

Good news anyway. I don't know if I'm stupid or MS is stupid but they accidentally released symbols for dwmcore.dll (10061.9). They cannot be downloaded anymore but my Aero Glass managed to catch them and after some small changes, glass effect works correctly.

FWIW, I got the dwmcore.pdb symbols just now for 10.0.10061.9.  They're still available online.  It's probably because it was released as a Windows Update and they followed standard procedure, which included symbol uploading.

-Noel

Build 10074 brings back Aero Glass with Blur on Start menu and Taskbar

Disabled by default but can be enabled with a registry change.

Goto: "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize"

Change key: EnableBlurBehind to 1 (reboot needed).

Not tested this myself yet, just some info I seen posted on MDL

Just to clarify, Aero Glass with Blur is back natively without the need to use BM's Aero Glass in Build 10074.

Edited by MrGRiM

That new 10074 capability sounds very cool.  Please post a screenshot.

One of the key things is to be able to replace the theme atlas, which I suppose may still be possible via Big Muscle's UxThemeSignatureBypass tools.

-Noel

Well no. The Atlas is swapped by the aeroglass itself the signature bypass is foe completely other themes.

But is it true that the color choices are now pretty limited I mean that were screens available which were not working at the time but showed options where I say that they might give us a very bad omen...

Just think a little bit harder, though...  Replace the theme atlas in the stock .msstyles file, save it as an alternate theme (which will no longer have a valid signature), and load it courtesy the theme bypass software.

-Noel

Good news anyway. I don't know if I'm stupid or MS is stupid but they accidentally released symbols for dwmcore.dll (10061.9).

they also released a new PDB for a new Windows 8.1 Update and this downloads the private PDB (which has more information than the public/stripped PDB)

I used AeroGlass v1.3.1 with no donation.key, and NoelC's theme atlas from post 536, which I altered the colors quite a bit, but otherwise the same.  I also used the AeroGlassGUI.exe to load the themeatlas.

screenshot_3.png

Edited by dhjohns