Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

I didn't check those leaked builds yet, I have only 10049 as the last one, so I will wait until anything new is officially released.

There is an official new build 10061 BTW

The issue with that is the Start Menu is broken along with the search box.  So until there is a FIX it is pretty much useless.

10061 here has nothing broken for me, start menu is perfect, search bar is perfect, everything is working perfectly. Start Menu/Search Bar is much faster in this build as well for some odd reason, unless they just reduced animation time but it is now instant when I use it. All my apps and programs seems to run better as well. Even Hey Cortana is working properly for me so far, but its only been 6 hours or so of testing. I need a week on this build to know for sure if anything pops up. But 10061 is great so far here.

I have everything working now.  This is a good thing.  The search function is actually better than 10056.

I have never been successful at asking Cortana for a weather report until today. Was surprising to see a near instant result after saying "Hey Cortana, show me the local weather" and it just popped up. Not very useful though unless my fingers/hands someday fall off. lol, I would rather say "Hey Cortana, make me lunch please" and a nice chicken sandwich and fries pop up in front of me... Now that would be useful.

Such as this BM?

"We know this one will be a bit painful but there is a bug with this build in which Win32 (desktop) apps won’t launch from the Start menu. The workaround is to use search to find and launch these apps and pin them to your taskbar for quick access."

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/04/22/windows-10-technical-preview-build-10061-now-available/

Seems a major bug.. not launching Win32 'apps'... I thought those were real programs.

Cheers

For me, each new build is worse and worse then the previous one. I installed 10061 but I will not use it, it is unusable for any testing.

pHhGkE2.png

We are aware of this issue, and are investigating it. The update is being offered in error, which is why you are getting an error when you try to download it. For now, please ignore the update for build 10066.
Edited by mikedigitize

Here's a theme atlas that works with 10061, if you're running Aero Glass in "fallback" mode...

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/10061/RoundedCorners.png

Win10Build10061WithAeroGlass.png

Since the system seems to want to color the active and inactive window borders similar shades of light gray, I've tweaked the theme atlas to make the active window title a shade of blue, as you can see above.

Other tweaks to achieve the above appearance include stting the DWM key FrameMargin DWORD value to 3, and reducing the sizes of the title bars / caption buttons by importing WindowMetrics registry entries saved from a Windows 7 system.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Such as this BM?

"We know this one will be a bit painful but there is a bug with this build in which Win32 (desktop) apps won’t launch from the Start menu. The workaround is to use search to find and launch these apps and pin them to your taskbar for quick access."

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/04/22/windows-10-technical-preview-build-10061-now-available/

Seems a major bug.. not launching Win32 'apps'... I thought those were real programs.

Cheers

I'm on 10061 and do NOT have that bug. Every app or program launches immediately from the start menu for me. That tells me Microsoft Developers/employees must be using older computers such as I, lol...

Such as this BM?

Cheers

I'm on 10061 and do NOT have that bug. Every app or program launches immediately from the start menu for me. That tells me Microsoft Developers/employees must be using older computers such as I, lol...

I do! SketchUp 2015 does not start from startmenu.... but fine from taskbar!

For me, the biggest problem is that Start menu will not often open at all and search bar/results do not react on mouse click. And this problem appears in any build after 9926. But on the other side, the last build seems faster.

For me, the biggest problem is that Start menu will not often open at all and search bar/results do not react on mouse click. And this problem appears in any build after 9926. But on the other side, the last build seems faster.

Really fast not open! :angel