Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

LOL, I will only ever use a Microsoft account!   :thumbup  :thumbup  :thumbup

I'm surprised at your willingness to hand over administrative access to all your data to Microsoft.  How do you reconcile that decision against the fact that they're being overtly devious lately, as well as messing things that were already working up left and right?

Not that they couldn't drop load something through Windows Update and get data from all of us, even those with a local account, if they really wanted it.  But just handing it over freely seems extreme to me.

To each his own.

-Noel

I am not in to that conspiracy theory stuff, sorry.  I see the MS account as a benefit, and I had hoped for it for years.  Now I have it, and it saves me a lot of time, and is an awesome feature.

I find it handy signing in with my microsoft account as well to. I got nothing to hide from them. Also we all sign in to a account on phones.

LOL, Yes i have nothing to hide as well, just a lot of gardening tips for my yard, various batch and script files and a heck of a lot of browsing on some place called 'MSFN' but no nuclear schematics.

~DP :whistle:

I got nothing to hide from them. Also we all sign in to a account on phones.

Perhaps that's it.  I HAVE developed things of value that I don't want others to have.

I probably shouldn't have to point out that if you have personal information you don't want OTHER PEOPLE to have (I.e., after having taken it from Microsoft), you might not want to hand it over to Microsoft.  Or do you think Microsoft is completely incapable of losing your data to others? 

Do you think that no humans work inside Microsoft who might not be perfectly honest?

How do you do your taxes?  Do any online banking?  Do you have files on your computer listing passwords you'd rather others didn't discover?  Do you think that identity theft can't possibly happen to you?

-Noel

I use my MS acc only for cortana and it is certainly NOT funny if the PIN feature doesnt work as it should (which was up to including 10041 the case, maybe I should check for updates, since I didnt boot my w10 in awhile)

Intressting the tech preview gos from 10065 to 10100 ; I spot this today:

"...Back in early January, Microsoft did a thing which they only usually do when preparing for a big public Windows release, and that's jump development builds. January saw the company jump from build 99xx to 10000, giving the development team breathing room to continue compiling candidate builds in the 99xx range for the January Technical Preview.

The same has happened again today, with the company jumping from 1006x to 10100. To Insiders, this doesn't mean much. But If history is to repeat itself, todays build jump is allowing the development team a bit of breathing room to continue compiling candidate builds for the BUILD Insider Preview, which could end up being compiled around 1007x or 1008x.

It's good to see Microsoft getting into gear for BUILD, as the conference is but a couple of weeks away now. Microsoft is expected to unveil a 'feature-complete' build of Windows 10 at its annual BUILD conference, along with more Windows 10 mobile changes and more HoloLens action. Stay tuned at WinBeta for more...."

Edited by mikedigitize

Intressting the tech preview gos from 10065 to 10100 ; My guess is the development goes too slow....!

Well not slow for Microsoft employees, sometimes I think the 'Insider' program should be renamed to 'Outsiders'

~DP :whistle:

You moved one of mine that was strictly about ModernFrame.dll and how it facilitates Aero Glass on the title bar of Apps.  It quoted a photo posted by someone else having to do with ads.  But no matter.  Big Muscle knows we like that tool.

I would actually like to hear Big Muscle's ideas on where Microsoft seems to be going with the desktop UI.  I'm sure he sees the changes to the code and can make some educated guesses as to what's happening.  On the one hand, we've had Gabe Aul (and possibly others at Microsoft) say that they'll resurrect Aero Glass if enough people want it.  On the other hand, they seem to continue to be gutting it.  We're all waiting and wanting to know what's really going to happen.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

I didn't check those leaked builds yet, I have only 10049 as the last one, so I will wait until anything new is officially released.

There is an official new build 10061 BTW

I didn't check those leaked builds yet, I have only 10049 as the last one, so I will wait until anything new is officially released.

The issue with that is the Start Menu is broken along with the search box.  So until there is a FIX it is pretty much useless.

The issue with that is the Start Menu is broken along with the search box.  So until there is a FIX it is pretty much useless.

Did you did a clean install or a upgrade ? I did upgrade from 10049 and everything seems to be ok ! checked startmenu I never use it anyway but indeed if I click on a program it won't start have to open as administrator :P

Edited by endbase