Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

And for those that want to keep the 'Windows 10 style' start menu with Windows 7 rounded corners (which ClassicShell does not offer) there is always the latest beta build of Start10 for Windows10 to try out as well..

P.S. and yes it does $$cost about the price of a cheap whopper jr. big deal.

~DP

Start10_Setup.jpg

And for those that want to keep the 'Windows 10 style' start menu with Windows 7 rounded corners (which ClassicShell does not offer) there is always the latest beta build of Start10 for Windows10 to try out as well..
~DP
Start10_Setup.jpg

What is the point of Start10 when I want to keep everything the same.  It does not do anything to get rounded borders. It just replaces the start menu, and I already have the one I want.  Plus, it totally deactivates my beautiful customized WinX menu.  It is worse than worse.  It renders Windows 10 basically inoperable.

Edited by dhjohns

as I said it's a bit messed up for 9926 and later,

For what it's worth, the only "messed up" I can see is that at the top of Internet Explorer the whole thing isn't translucent.  Is that what you're seeing, or something else?

The equal spacing of the caption buttons is probably here to stay with Win 10.

-Noel

I love the Windows 7 look of windows frames and its rounded corners and the buttons. However, I really have no desire to change the stock taskbar, which is currently translucent black out of the box on my 10056 and I LOVE that as it is. Also the default Start Menu is translucent and also black, and well I just love the looks of that. So, all I desire is crystal clear/white/frosted Windows 7 Aero look on my non-full screened windows. If in full screen, I do not care if they are translucent. For Chrome I have a dark black theme and I like it. For explorer, apps and program windows I want frosted clear aero if possible, like what Noel and John showed in screenshots earlier.

Are you guys using the new 4.2.1 of Classic Shell? Or still on the beta 4.2.0?

I love the Windows 7 look of windows frames and its rounded corners and the buttons. However, I really have no desire to change the stock taskbar, which is currently translucent black out of the box on my 10056 and I LOVE that as it is. Also the default Start Menu is translucent and also black, and well I just love the looks of that. So, all I desire is crystal clear/white/frosted Windows 7 Aero look on my non-full screened windows. If in full screen, I do not care if they are translucent. For Chrome I have a dark black theme and I like it. For explorer, apps and program windows I want frosted clear aero if possible, like what Noel and John showed in screenshots earlier.

I was using the latest classic shell but it disables my Apps and renders then useless on build 10056 plus has no options for keeping the Windows 10 start screen like Start10.

~DP

I was using the latest classic shell but it disables my Apps and renders then useless on build 10056 plus has no options for keeping the Windows 10 start screen like Start10.

~DP

Ahh, very good to know. Thanks

~DP
Start10_Setup.jpg

What is the point of Start10 when I want to keep everything the same.  It does not do anything to get rounded borders. It just replaces the start menu, and I already have the one I want.  Plus, it totally deactivates my beautiful customized WinX menu.  It is worse than worse.  It renders Windows 10 basically inoperable.

You don't need any start menu programs for the theme I'm using. It still works with the windows 10 start menu

I'm using 4.2.1 but when I upgraded to Windows 10 Build 10056 the classic shell apps folder didn't work. So I created my own apps folder for it

I'm on Classic Shell 4.2.1.  If you're seeing any problems with Apps in a pre-release build, you should mention it on Ivo Beltchev's Classic Shell forum.  He's quite responsive to bug fixes.  I don't know whether he cares about performance in leaked builds, though.  I prefer to wait until a new release comes out of Microsoft.

I've been working out how to get the Aero 7 theme, together with Big Muscle's Aero Glass facilitating a theme atlas replacement, to be more like just what I prefer today.  Here's what I've managed so far...

Aero7Tweaked.png

I might even be able to tolerate Windows 10 once I make the released version look like this.

-Noel

The latest release build of 1.3.1 seems to work fine on 10049, except it nags at the beginning saying that it doesn't know how to hook the system, but it seems that it does. I have window blurring just fine. It then pops up a windows about machine code, and after that nothing else. The windows stay blurred as well.

Here's what I've managed so far...

Aero7Tweaked.png

I might even be able to tolerate Windows 10 once I make the released version look like this.

-Noel

I must say that is very purdy. Yeah agreed, I could tolerate 10 much easier too if it looked like that.  

I'm on Classic Shell 4.2.1.  If you're seeing any problems with Apps in a pre-release build, you should mention it on Ivo Beltchev's Classic Shell forum.  He's quite responsive to bug fixes.  I don't know whether he cares about performance in leaked builds, though.  I prefer to wait until a new release comes out of Microsoft.

I've been working out how to get the Aero 7 theme, together with Big Muscle's Aero Glass facilitating a theme atlas replacement, to be more like just what I prefer today.  Here's what I've managed so far...

Aero7Tweaked.png

-Noel

Looks good Noel :)