Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

NoelC, do you have a preferred theme which is relatively easy to install, that keeps the default start menu, and does not require old/new explorer?  If so could you provide a link?

It does not really do anything at all.  No rounded corners, nothing.  Just a bit of color here and there.  I was looking for something like Dave076's desktop.  I hope he clues us in on what he did.

well the rounded corners are a registry setting in aero but the theme (or Atlas) has to have it too, since aero just cuts the "filling" off, the border of the w10 theme is a corner so you'd still have the black line around a transparent corner.

also are you sure you have a signature bypass enabled, for some reason daevo misses the taskbar (probably he uses an alias), but let me give you a shot of me.

that was 10041.

post-398298-0-00480200-1428853876_thumb.

Edited by My1

NoelC, do you have a preferred theme which is relatively easy to install, that keeps the default start menu, and does not require old/new explorer?  If so could you provide a link?

No, I'm kind of behind on that.  I figured I'd ask for suggestions, as you have done.

Have you looked at what daveo is using?  That looks pretty good.

-Noel

It does not really do anything at all.  No rounded corners, nothing.  Just a bit of color here and there.  I was looking for something like Dave076's desktop.  I hope he clues us in on what he did.

if you pm me I can send you a rounded theme I have been working on that may work for you.

~DP

Good to see Aero still working without symbols on Windows 10 Build 10056

That looks great!  What are you using to get the rounded effect.

To get that effect I use BigMuscles Uxthemesignaturebypass and for Windows 7 theme I use http://damonkeyoncrack.deviantart.com/art/Aero7-V2-for-Windows-8-8-1-10-TP-build-9879-429412929 and OldNewExplorer http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-make-your-81-explorer-work-like-win78-one/

Edited by daveo76

To get that effect I use BigMuscles Uxthemesignaturebypass and for Windows 7 theme I use http://damonkeyoncrack.deviantart.com/art/Aero7-V2-for-Windows-8-8-1-10-TP-build-9879-429412929 and OldNewExplorer http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170375-oldnewexplorer-make-your-81-explorer-work-like-win78-one/

and you Also use Classic shell to show your start button as well

and you Also use Classic shell to show your start button as well

Yes I use classic shell.

No, I'm kind of behind on that.  I figured I'd ask for suggestions, as you have done.

-Noel

It does look good, but I am not going to use Classic Shell.  Bringing back the old W7 start menu is not something I dream about!  LOL

You certainly don't have to have it look like Windows 7's Start Menu - I use the Classic setting, which is just a set of fly-out menus.  But I don't think you need to bring back any Start Menu at all if you don't want - Classic Shell is fully configurable, and (though I haven't tried it) I think it could probably be set up to use Windows' new Start Menu, yet STILL provide things like full-time taskbar translucency.

I'm trying out some things...  What I'm thinking of...

NewPlan.png

The Aero 7 theme mentioned a few posts back isn't really done perfectly right for Win 10, but actually it's close - and pretty nice.  It's possible to rework the elements of the theme atlas just as can be done with the resources out of the Windows standard .msstyles file.

-Noel

as I said it's a bit messed up for 9926 and later, and if I knew how to do that I'd really love to do it, also if there's a way to restore the proportions (taskbar software, mini/max buttons on windows etc) back to Win7/8 it would be nice as well...

-Noel

It does look good, but I am not going to use Classic Shell.  Bringing back the old W7 start menu is not something I dream about!  LOL

I have Classic Shell setup to my likings as you see on my screenshot

Well I understand that not everyone loves Classic but the Theme is based on 'Windows 7' so in staying with that and being a

purists then it would just make sense that the start menu would also be Windows 7 as well along with the frames corners and buttons 

and even the desktop icons. But then again some like a mix of hodgepodge visual styles rather that staying as close to the orginal look. 

~DP