Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

I think it's way cool that Big Muscle built in a fallback that tries to give the proper effects (albeit with some artifacts) at all.

Win 10 build 10049 symbols should show up soon...

Seems like, since the Theme Atlas was essentially untouched, that Microsoft is slowing down the changes to the UI handling, which is good news - it implies that Aero Glass for Win 10 will be a workable reality.  I know I wouldn't touch the thing if it couldn't be reskinned.

-Noel

I think it's way cool that Big Muscle built in a fallback that tries to give the proper effects (albeit with some artifacts) at all.

Win 10 build 10049 symbols should show up soon...

Seems like, since the Theme Atlas was essentially untouched, that Microsoft is slowing down the changes to the UI handling, which is good news - it implies that Aero Glass for Win 10 will be a workable reality.  I know I wouldn't touch the thing if it couldn't be reskinned.

-Noel

Only thing Microsoft has changed on that build is the ModernFrame. ModernFrame worked for the 3 previous builds

Here is a screenshot of one of my monitors with the native Start Menu open. I hovered over the maximize button to show the green!  This is build 10051!

Screenshot_5.jpg

Edited by dhjohns

Windows 10 Leak Build 10051. Also Microsoft had mentioned it might release Build 10054 this week.

attachicon.gifAero.jpg

David, could you please show a full process list with Task Manager?

-Noel

Here you go. Curious why you wanted to see this for

stupid question
how close debugger window?

It sounds like you using the debug version. Which for me it doesn't work for Windows 10 Build 10049 and 10051. I use the v1.3.1 stable

Edited by daveo76

It works for me in both builds.

Ok. For now it won't make any difference which version get used. Since ModernFrame isn't working

Edited by daveo76

Here you go. Curious why you wanted to see this for

Thanks, though I was hoping to see all of it.  I was just wanting to see the overall count and glance at the list to see if anything new has been added.  On my test Win 10 system the number of processes just running in the background has been growing with each new build.  Every build I return feedback asking Microsoft to trim the fat, and at least make the new "managers, brokers, hosts, etc." auto-exit when they're idle.

Here's what Process Hacker shows me on my system with a freshly booted system that's been allowed to settle for 10 minutes.  The list is a little bigger than a base Windows install because of some things I've installed, but take away the 7 or so processes running because of things I've installed or the way I'm running the system, and there are still almost 50 processes just to have a blank desktop - much more than with Win 8.1.

IdleProcesses.png

Seems like all they're doing is loading up Windows with fluff that will ultimately have to be cleaned out to make the system reasonable to run.  I've only just begun working out what doesn't actually need to run, but it's a moving target.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC