Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

if anyone needs any help with this I have uploaded a short tutorial on how to do a manual remove and re-install of the experimental 64-bit debug build for 10041 along with the files. Just download remove the .txt extension and unzip.
~DP :whistle:

Do we still need to run TaskbarBlur.vbs script to get aeroglass on the taskbar or it is the taskbar transparent with  this latest debug version applied?

And how exactly can you apply  ModernFrame.dll ? Is this the right way (see the quote bellow) and does modernframe.dll only aplies to modern apps?  

1.  Download ModernFrame.7z (the real DLL is now there) from Big Muscle's link, as provided in post 192.

2.  Extract  ModernFrame.dll and save it into the C:\AeroGlass folder (if you have the other file already there just replace it.)

3.  Open RegEdit and navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows

4.  Add C:\AeroGlass\ModernFrame.dll to the AppInit_DLLs value.  In my case it was empty to start with.

5.  Change the LoadAppInit_DLLs value to:  0x00000001

6.  Reboot or Log out then back in.

7.  Start any Modern App.  In my case the The Weather Channel App.

Edited by Zhancis1982

I installed experimental 64-bit debug build for 10041 this way. Maybe someone finds it useful.

1. Installed http://www.glass8.eu/files/setup-w8.1-1.3.1.exeto default C:\AeroGlass folder.

2. Closed task aerohost.exe and then renamed C:\AeroGlass to C:\AeroGlass1

3. Rebooted. Copied contents from http://www.glass8.eu/files/10041-64.7zto C:\AeroGlass1

4. Renamed C:\AeroGlass1 to C:\AeroGlass

5. Rebooted.

6. Done, with dwm.exe running in the background.

The taskbar is not transparent, unless I use the posted .vbs script. 

vqjDk3k.jpg

Edited by Zhancis1982

@ Zhancis,

- Big Muscle really has noting to do with the Taskbar transparency that one is on Microsoft, so you will just have to contintue using his

file SetWindowCompositionAttribute file with the taskbar blur script to activate it and hopefully Miscrosoft will address it on a later build.

- For help in setting up Modernframe and UxThemeSignaturebypass here is a script that will automate the registry settings.

~DP

Also Thanks again Big Muscle, everything is still working great with your updated experimental debug!

Experimental_Debug_W10.png

Every thing is working fine but I have some times that my system hangs and then I have to reboot been looking at the debug log but I can't find anything strange !  So I don't know it is the fault of this version or something else. If I have the time I will check it out by de installing aero glass and see If the problem keeps coming up.

Update: I can confirm it has nothing to do with Aero glass de installed it and still freezes :(

Greetz Base

Edited by endbase

Well if one could trace back the window building process, maybe we can find where this "logic" is stored and therefore give bm a way to override it...

Hi, how do you get rid of the window borders?

Thanks DosProbie.

Got it (aero glass in windows 10) working at least to some degree following these guides:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/173379-windows-10/page-13#entry1096428

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/173379-windows-10/page-14#entry1096505

SvUyEnV.jpg

You can play around with the numbers to your visual liking smaller=smaller frames larger=larger and so forth.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics]
[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics]
then the two string values for top and sides and bottom are "BorderWidth" and "PaddedBorderWidth"
I have mine set to the Windows 8.1 values but again most want frames.
~DP

I'm unable to change the inactive colour, tried the GUI.

Yeah, it currently does not work. The function which is responsible for adjusting the colorization is inline so I am unable to hook at the requested time. I will try to find a solution when Win10 final is released.

I'm unable to change the inactive colour, tried the GUI.

It may be Possible if your using a Custom theme to adjust the Windows Color to all windows screens based off the Main color of active wallpaper Go to >> .theme file  >>  [VisualStyles] >> AutoColorization 

~DP

how to keep the taskbarblur.vbs file to keep running? mine after clicking on statmenu turns opac agai

You Don't unless you put a script loop in place such as the one my1 came up with  or you can always add shortcut to taskbar or desktop to get it kicked started again.

~DP

Edited by DosProbie

how to keep the taskbarblur.vbs file to keep running? mine after clicking on statmenu turns opac agai

You Don't unless you put a script loop in place such as the one my1 came up with  or you can always add shortcut to taskbar or desktop to get it kicked started again.

~DP

That's what I have done. I'll do whatever it takes to get transparent windows/taskbar so this ain't that big of a hassle. 

but dont forget a timeout, so it wont crush your CPU to the limits. I use 2 sec.

if you dont use the old startmenu often, you can raise the timeout, which decreases the CPU Usage, but it will stay opaque longer

Edited by My1

Has anyone tried installing Classic Shell, but deconfigured it from opening the Classic Start Menu?  I believe it will still manage the Taskbar translucency (assuming you configure it to disable Taskbar transparency).

-Noel