Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

Dave, the problem is that 1.3.2 isn't really compatible with build 10041.  The only way some of us have gotten it to work is to either make it so dwmcore.pdb isn't downloaded automatically, or intentionally corrupt the downloaded dwmcore.pdb file, so that Aero Glass can't complete the symbol load.  Then it falls back to an internal backup strategy that mostly works.

Look in your log, find the path to the downloaded dwmcore.pdb, edit it and remove its contents.

Then when Aero Glass starts it will try for a few minutes to load a file it can never succeed at loading.  Once it fails at that it will ask you to [ Retry ] or [ Cancel ].  Choose [ Cancel ] and Aero Glass effects will start working.

Or you could just wait until Big Muscle releases a compatible version, assuming he does.

Remember, if you corrupt dwmcore.pdb, that you'll need to delete it or uncorrupt it once Big Muscle releases new software.

-Noel

I have noticed a weird issue with build 10041 (worked in build 9926) when using a custom theme that the start menu button just goes awol after sometime, puff and its gone, I have now switched over to classic shell which is working as expected.

~DP :realmad:

Dave, the problem is that 1.3.2 isn't really compatible with build 10041.  The only way some of us have gotten it to work is to either make it so dwmcore.pdb isn't downloaded automatically, or intentionally corrupt the downloaded dwmcore.pdb file, so that Aero Glass can't complete the symbol load.  Then it falls back to an internal backup strategy that mostly works.

Look in your log, find the path to the downloaded dwmcore.pdb, edit it and remove its contents.

Then when Aero Glass starts it will try for a few minutes to load a file it can never succeed at loading.  Once it fails at that it will ask you to [ Retry ] or [ Cancel ].  Choose [ Cancel ] and Aero Glass effects will start working.

Or you could just wait until Big Muscle releases a compatible version, assuming he does.

Remember, if you corrupt dwmcore.pdb, that you'll need to delete it or uncorrupt it once Big Muscle releases new software.

-Noel

Thanks. I did that and it works. But have to wait for almost 5 mins for the pop up message to appear so I can click on cancel, But if I delete my donating key then it works almost straight away but then annoying pop up happens about needing a key

@Daveeo, Thats why I asked you to post a screen shot as I could see a issue with your key from your debug.log I posted eariler that the donation.key file causes the issue, so anyone else just remove it and you will just have to deal with the key pop-up til BigMuscle does an update.

~DP

Edited by DosProbie

Thanks why I asked you to post a screen shot as I could see a issue with your key from your debug.log I posted eariler that the donation.key file causes the issue, so anyone else just remove it and you will just have to deal with the key pop-up til BigMuscle does an update.

~DP

I know I'm trying to work out how to post a picture on here without needing to link it from else where

@Daveeo, Thats why I asked you to post a screen shot as I could see a issue with your key from your debug.log I posted eariler that the donation.key file causes the issue, so anyone else just remove it and you will just have to deal with the key pop-up til BigMuscle does an update.

~DP

Edited by daveo76

~DP

Your pic is so blurry I can not tell when size files you have but you don't need the symbols folder or the donation.key so just remove them and reboot.

~DP

If you WANT to get the non-debug to work here is what I did after some testing  on Tuesday when Build 10041 was first released.

1. You should only have 7 installer files present (debug.log will be added after launching) 

(see screen shot with file sizes)

2. If you have already installed AeroGlass and its NOT working then Uninstall it from Task Scheduler then use the Uninstaller for AeroGlass

and Remove the AeroGlass folder for any left over orphan files. (I have already posted a batch file to stop then remove AeroGlass from Task Scheduler)

3. Now Reinstall (without Atlas) reboot and it should WORK now.

NOTE: You will get 2 pop-ups at every logon or reboot one for a compatibility issue with DWM and the other with your Key file, just close those out.

If you WANT to enable Transparency in your taskbar use the SetWindowCompositionAttribute file along with the batch or the  vbs file that

has been posted. You can also add the Atlas .png file that Noel has posted for build 10041 and UxThemeSignatureBypass dll files if using a custom theme.

~DP

Aero_Glass_Build_10041.jpg

Edited by DosProbie

~DP

Your pic is so blurry I can not tell when size files you have but you don't need the symbols folder or the donation.key so just remove them and reboot.

~DP

Picture is not blurry for me.When I click on it. Also if I take away the key then I get the annoying trial pop up

Edited by daveo76

Sorry about the blurry, I can read it Now, been up since 4am so must be my Eyes that are getting blurry, BigMuscle has been silent so maybe that's a good thing and he is working on a new release so we wont have to force this to work.

Good Night All

~DP

Sorry about the blurry, I can read it Now, been up since 4am so must be my Eyes that are getting blurry, BigMuscle has been silent so maybe that's a good thing and he is working on a new release so we wont have to force this to work.

Good Night All

~DP

That ok. What ever BigMuscle is doing. We just got to let him be. :)

Actually ModernFrame.dll works great, also!  Here is a screenshot!  Thanks to all for help, special thanks go out to, of course, Big Muscle for the programs, and DasProbie, and Noel for guidance.

screenshot_3.png

Edited by dhjohns