Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

What can you notice at this picture

That's great.  It would be awesome if you could also apply the normal theme colors as well (instead of Metro gray), if you can swing it.

If it's at all interesting to anyone, I've completed a theme atlas that works with build 9926 and the new FrameMargin setting of Aero Glass.  Unlike my prior effort, with Big Muscle's change to the margins I've been able to get a cleaner appearance...

9926WithRoundedCorners.png

-Noel

That's great.  It would be awesome if you could also apply the normal theme colors as well (instead of Metro gray), if you can swing it.

Of course, it is classic DWM frame so it is rendered as any other window frame - except it ignores window styles WS_MINIMIZEBOX and WS_MAXIMIZEBOX.

You're spoiling us, Big Muscle...  Your "experimental" releases work as solidly as other peoples' version 7.2 commercial releases.

I've had zero problems with your FrameMargin tweak in a couple of days of fairly intensive testing across multiple monitors.  I've settled on 2 as the number I like (which actually gives me a 3 pixel border plus the two additional pixels I add to the drop shadow resource with the theme atlas).

FrameMargin2Yields3Pixels.png

The ONLY thing I've noticed, and it's a very minor thing, is that in a few cases some applications seem a little sluggish (e.g., when I resize Internet Explorer, or when I move something across the boundary between monitors).  I can't attribute this specifically to Aero Glass, though - it seems like maybe it just has to do with Windows 10 in general, or the fact that I'm running it in a virtual machine - and I haven't done comparative testing without Aero Glass. 

By the way, implied above is that with Windows build 9926 I can now successfully switch to a full 3-monitor immersive experience - something I could only do before up to Windows 8.1, but not with 10.  Apparently multi-monitor support in Win 10 is improving (back to the level it was at with Win 8.1).

-Noel

I can confirm DWM performance drop in Windows 10 but I am not able to specify if it is Aero Glass-related or not. Sometimes, DWM's memory usage goes up to several hundreds of MB but restarting dwm.exe doesn't reintroduce this. So hard to reproduce. I will not solve this problem before Win10 RTM is released.

in case of this maybe if I find out how, I can include in the aero bat that it force kills dwm when it tries to go too high...

but first I check the new w10 build...

You got to check out this theme atlas.

It uses Win7 buttons.

It works on build 9926.

Use bottom link on the forwarded page.

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170233-aero-glass-themeatlas/?p=1093955

Thanks Dream, I may just like this Atlas file better than 7's

~DP :sneaky:

Atlas above with 7 below..

Atlas7_9926.png

You're welcome, it makes Win10 a little easier to take.

But, the real credit goes to hockninc who created it.

Yeah thx for making the Atlas file hockninc tried to put credits in my post but internet explorer creeps out on me when I trie to edit my original post !!

Update now used google chrome and updated the post with credit to hockninc  :thumbup

Edited by endbase