Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

huh, is there something wrong or why are you downloading the symbols?

It was mentioned over at MDL that 9926 did not have the correct Symbols, or something along those lines, and that Microsoft was working to fix it with a install package. I maybe wrong, but that is what I remember being said.

You're welcome, guys, and thanks for the feedback.  It was a quick effort and I might have missed some things - please let me know if you find anything wrong.

Unfortunately, Microsoft processes the theme resources in such a way that it's impossible to make the borders look sharp and clean - perhaps it has to do with high DPI scaling, I'm not sure.  But whatever the reason, with all the versions of Windows 10 so far the pixels at the border are not painted one for one from the theme atlas, which makes the borders seem a little less sharp and clean than I'd like.

Also, I personally like to reduce the size of the title bar, which used to work across the board but now only works for Desktop applications (not Metro).  Still it's an improvement.  This registry file will do that...

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win81/SetWindowMetrics.reg

-Noel

Microsoft does seem to making it hard for use guys who does themes.

Windows

It was mentioned over at MDL that 9926 did not have the correct Symbols, or something along those lines, and that Microsoft was working to fix it with a install package. I maybe wrong, but that is what I remember being said.

I read the same thing, but again I have been wrong before just ask my wife..

~DP :w00t:

I read the same thing, but again I have been wrong before just ask my wife..

~DP :w00t:

well then that makes two of us that maybe wrong according to your wife... lol

So, since I had the symbols I wanted to try Aero Glass 1.3.1 with build 9926.

A word of warning, don't even try, it froze up.

I was able to recover by signing out and holding the ctrl key and log back in.

I know BM warned about doing this but I'm hard headed. :crazy:

Edited by Dreamweaver01

When I installed the software it just worked.  Didn't have to download anything.  Are you folks running the latest software Big Muscle made available (at the start of this thread), made specifically to work with build 9926?

-Noel

So, since I had the symbols I wanted to try Aero Glass 1.3.1 with build 9926.

A word of warning, don't even try, it froze up.

I was able to recover by signing out and holding the ctrl key and log back in.

I know BM warned about doing this but I'm hard headed. :crazy:

I did the same thing to and had the same problem. But at least it a easy fix to stop it

Thanks Noel.  Of course I did make a backup of the key just in case!   :)  But, I liked your edit, so I will keep it.

Could you share the backup of the registry key I have forgotten to do That 

Edited by endbase

Version 1.3.1 is not intended for build 9926 thus it makes no sense. And build for 9926 does not need any symbols

Don't know exactly how it works I just had noticed in the debug.log that version 1.3.1 had problems with fetching the symbols for build 9926 But you are right about it goes crazy if you install version 1.3.1 on build 9926 !!

Just wondering what are the symbols for any way ? ps. the debug version works very nice wilt build 9926 Btw  :thumbup

Edited by endbase