Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

Nice job with the use of the atlas png file, funny as we get aeroglass working, and throw in some borders, corners and buttons that suddenly things just look Right Again, It is unfortunate Microsoft does not see it that way..

~DP :}

The worst of this concept is that it implies that Microsoft considers everything done in the past as bad, since they're quite clearly loathe to do anything they did before (with a few exceptions - I notice that window titles are left justified again, though I'm actually a bit surprised they didn't put them on the right, which hasn't been done before).

Thing is, anyone with half a brain knows that NOT everything done in the past was bad - some of it was genius.  Any engineer who leaves a genius design behind because some Marketing dweeb tells them the new system has to be exclusively "new" and "different" is certainly no genius.

Clearly the wrong people are running the company at Microsoft.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

You're welcome, guys, and thanks for the feedback.  It was a quick effort and I might have missed some things - please let me know if you find anything wrong.

-Noel

Not a Big Fan of 'Faux' atlas themes just like the 'Custom Visual Styles' Look a lot more, but thanks for the reg file anyway.

~DP  :sneaky:

Edited by DosProbie

For what it's worth I can now go full-screen with my Win 10 VM across all 3 of my monitors now.  Aero Glass is working fine (as it does with Win 8.1 with this monitor arrangement).

Now with Aero Glass on task, an "immersive" test - trying to do EVERYTHING I normally do with Win 8.1 on Win 10 - seems in order.  So far, a surprising number of (legacy) things seem to work just fine.

-Noel

According to window borders, I can add hooks to allow custom settings of frame margins and sizes. However, I cannot ensure that it will really work because I am not able to find correct numbers to display it correctly.

We have symbols now.

Self loaded just a few minutes ago.

Build 9926.

Perhaps you have symbols.  How did you get them to self load?

If your a MSDN Subscriber you can download the 9926 iso which includes Symbols, otherwise there is another site but you can just Google that.

http://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-10/12643-win-10-9926-isos-and-symbols-on-msdn.html

~DP

According to window borders, I can add hooks to allow custom settings of frame margins and sizes. However, I cannot ensure that it will really work because I am not able to find correct numbers to display it correctly.

Are you saying you may be able to blur the borders?  That would be nice, assuming Microsoft doesn't deviate from their path of ridiculousness and ultimately releases Windows 10 borderless.

-Noel

Are you saying you may be able to blur the borders?  That would be nice, assuming Microsoft doesn't deviate from their path of ridiculousness and ultimately releases Windows 10 borderless.

-Noel

No, I'm saying that I can provide a way to set theme rects, ints and margins for DWM which you would normally set in .msstyles theme. Yes, you can achieve blur on borders with it, but I cannot provide correct values to set. You would need to create custom atlas and then experiment with the values.

You're welcome, guys, and thanks for the feedback.  It was a quick effort and I might have missed some things - please let me know if you find anything wrong.

Unfortunately, Microsoft processes the theme resources in such a way that it's impossible to make the borders look sharp and clean - perhaps it has to do with high DPI scaling, I'm not sure.  But whatever the reason, with all the versions of Windows 10 so far the pixels at the border are not painted one for one from the theme atlas, which makes the borders seem a little less sharp and clean than I'd like.

Also, I personally like to reduce the size of the title bar, which used to work across the board but now only works for Desktop applications (not Metro).  Still it's an improvement.  This registry file will do that...

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win81/SetWindowMetrics.reg

-Noel

I am trying to work something out with the themeatlas from AeroLite which still exists in build 9926, and has full borders. In this version, the taskbar icons and text are also white so its easier to work with. Maybe that could be a solution to the border issue.

Here is the basic ThemeAtlas from 9926's AeroLite https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctlclfot7ip6b0g/Win10v9926AeroLiteAtlas.png?dl=0

qDVyIsu.jpg

I have realised I cant find the spot in AeroLite to place the text glow, so that is an issue. But here is what I have after a little light editing of the Atlas:

Atlas: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vgwhtolztqz8fb/Win10v9926AeroLiteAtlas%20Inverted%20buttons.png?dl=0

hIeSyy2.jpg

Edited by drakenabarion