Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

This is not that Complicated guys..

1. Download the TaskbarBlur.zip files from Post #48 (Thanks to dhjohns Post #20 ) Which will add blur to your build 9926 taskbar.

2. Use the Classic Shell Beta (which is for Windows 10 as already explained above) then you will have blur in the Start  Menu and then when   'Launching' the Start Menu the Blur will 'Stick' on the taskbar (The Default Windows Start does not allow it to stick).

3. Now the only time in my Testing So far when the Taskbar goes back to default is when changing Wallpaper and themes, and logging off and rebooting.

4. But to Fix the reboot and logoff issue I also added a Run command to the Startup (as admin) of my Windows that will launch from my AeroGlass folder.

~DP

@Echo Off(NET FILE||(powershell -command Start-Process '%0' -Verb runAs -ArgumentList '%* '&EXIT /B))>NUL 2>&1reg add hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run /f /v TaskBarBlur /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "%Systemdrive%\AeroGlass\AeroBlur.cmd">nulexit
Edited by DosProbie

This is not that Complicated guys..

1. Download the TaskbarBlur.zip files from Post #48 (Thanks to dhjohns Post #20 ) Which will add blur to your build 9926 taskbar.

2. Use the Classic Shell Beta (which is for Windows 10 as already explained above) then you will have blur in the Start  Menu and then when   'Launching' the Start Menu the Blur will 'Stick' on the taskbar (The Default Windows Start does not allow it to stick).

3. Now the only time in my Testing So far when the Taskbar goes back to default is when changing Wallpaper and themes, and logging off and rebooting.

4. But to Fix the reboot and logoff issue I also added a Run command to the Startup (as admin) of my Windows that will launch from my AeroGlass folder.

~DP

@Echo Off(NET FILE||(powershell -command Start-Process '%0' -Verb runAs -ArgumentList '%* '&EXIT /B))>NUL 2>&1reg add hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run /f /v TaskBarBlur /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "%Systemdrive%\AeroGlass\AeroBlur.cmd">nulexit

What if you do not like the Classic Start Menu.  I really like the one they have now, and I always thought the Win 7 one sucked,  LOL.  

4.2 beta, opening classic start menu is no problem but as soon as I do shift+click to open the Windows 10 STart menu it gets opaque again.

also I modded the script a bit:

@echo off:1SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class Shell_TrayWnd accent 0 0 0 0SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class Shell_TrayWnd blur truetimeout /T 2 /nobreakclsgoto 1

this one applies the effect every 2 sec. you can change the number if you want, the only thing I want is that that could run without that cmd window...

4.2 beta, opening classic start menu is no problem but as soon as I do shift+click to open the Windows 10 STart menu it gets opaque again.

also I modded the script a bit:

@echo off:1SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class Shell_TrayWnd accent 0 0 0 0SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class Shell_TrayWnd blur truetimeout /T 2 /nobreakclsgoto 1

this one applies the effect every 2 sec. you can change the number if you want, the only thing I want is that that could run without that cmd window...

That does the trick!

I just thought a nice loop but that would be overkill so I thought, maybe there's a wait commant or alike, google and I found it.

what I dont like is that I cannot make that start menu of W10 transparent.

the only thing I now need is to get rid of the cmd and let it run in bg, usually ppl using scripts like these are clever enough on how to kill with task manager...

Edited by My1

I just thought a nice loop but that would be overkill so I thought, maybe there's a wait commant or alike, google and I found it.

what I dont like is that I cannot make that start menu of W10 transparent.

the only thing I now need is to get rid of the cmd and let it run in bg, usually ppl using scripts like these are clever enough on how to kill with task manager...

There is a program that can make Windows 10 start menu transparent but not blurred. I forgot the name of it. Let you know later. My taskbar stays blurred all the time. But I'm not using debug version of aero glass

as blur seems to be misunderstood often let me explain b4 posting:

blur is the effect that something isnt sharp anymore like the text of a window behind a taskbar with blur

Transparency is when you can see through something no matter whether you have a slight color in between or not...

now to the post:

and I dont even need blur, I always code my Aero without blur and I'd love to get rid of it in Win7 as well...