Windows 10 DEVELOPMENT

bigmuscle

Where can i found a working download for enableblur.exe ?

http://glass8.eu/stuff/SetWindowCompositionAttribute.7z

Edit: I beleive BM is currently updating his site so here is the blur file below as zip.
~DP

@Magic
That d/l  link is no longer available for the SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe but rather off of BigMuscle's site
at http://www.glass8.eu under 'Others' and 'Commandline Tool' which from what I can tell is the same file
as EnableBlur.exe which was the old name.
~DP

9926_TaskbarBlur.zip

Edited by DosProbie

is there some way to resize those overly large window buttons?

Have not tried a atlas file but with custom theme Yes.. :thumbup

~DP

I have a custom Theme, well it's not mine anyway, but it shows the buttons in their oversized manner, you know how I can mod it so it gets nicer?, also which way of sig bypass do you use, I have the problem that when I boot W10 that my desktop is almost crushed (no icons, start menu not working etc) until I enable stock theme and restart explorer, I use BM's dll bypass (and I disabled Secure Boot)

Edited by My1

you know tha name/class/whatever for the ... window in w8.1?

You can use small utility called WinID or Microsoft Spy++ to discover any window's properties.

Thanks I saw it appearing as TaskSwitcherWnd, and made my bat the following:

SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class TaskSwitcherWnd accent 0 0 0 0

SetWindowCompositionAttribute.exe class TaskSwitcherWnd blur true

but it doesnt work, even as admin, the Alt+Tab is still completely opaque...

But the basics are right, I even got my WIn10 Taskbar to shine in a nice orange instead of that brown...

Where can i found a working download for enableblur.exe ?

glass8.eu download section.

I checked my ALT-TAB and it is transparent.  Also @DosProbie, how did you get watermark off?

screenshot_11.png

this was a fail on my side, I want the alt+tab on W8.1 transparent this post was more of a while we're at it thing, so I missed the fact we were in the W10 thread, lol

*facepalm*

Does anyone know why Classic Shell full glass mode was affected when I ran Aero Glass? Also I would like to test Aero glass with Classic Shell glass mode so is there a simple way to quickly undo or disable Aero Glass for testing purposes?

Or do I just need to delete the folder and then recreate it to see what happens?

Sent from my Nexus 7

well I dunno, but I dont really care, since the color looks normal with this software and not like a toilet after a massive diarrhea in case of me (color set to orange)

kill aerohost.exe and then dwm.exe, and you are safe until the next boot or login...

That worked perfectly thanks.

OK, not sure why but Classic Shell no longer works properly. So going to uninstall and re-install it to see if that fixes it. Just do not understand how the font can be the same color as the background but only after installing Aero Glass. I hate gremlins...

EDIT: Uninstall and re-installing has changed nothing. Glass mode is still unusable. VERY strange...

Edited by }SkOrPn--'

How do I get the "blur" on taskbar to stick? Once I open startmenu it's gone opaque again.

By using the Beta version of Classic Shell for Windows 10 => http://classicshell.net/history/#v420

~DP

If you like the default start menu can I use the Beta version of Classic Shell ONLY to get the blur to stick?

You should only be using the BETA version of Classic Shell for Windows 10 anyway. Windows 10 is receiving extreme changes to its UI and Start Menu, so only the BETA version would seem to be the proper Classic Shell version to be using with it.

Nope the transparency wont stick with cs, but you dont get misaligned icons in case you change tge start button

also the transparency seems to go away on other occasions, but I dunno which yet...

Edited by My1