Freezetime26

Like a week ago i buy a new pc , Fx 6300 , Saphire r9 270 dual x , 4gb ddr3 1600mhz ram , 960gm vgs3 fx , etc.

The problem is the temperature , i use speedfan to check the temp and it marks in the "cpu" 48º , 50º in idle , i also check it with other programs like Core temp and HWMonitor and they say 30º or 35º.

When i play bf3 the ºc rises up to 70º and there is when the lag spikes appears.

I have a stock cooler , is this the problem?

Sorry for my english , this isn't my native language.

Btw there are the images.

Idle:

mkhIzC.png

Running Bf3:

fWuo9C.png

Stock fans of AMD are no good indeed, they are only made for office work and browsing the net. Also make sure you have at least one (120mm) fan sucking the hot air out of the case.

When I was building system I always installed the CPU cooler on the motherboard before putting the motherboard into the case. This way I could see if the cooler was fit well and that there was no air-gap between cooler and CPU. It's easy to see if you look at it from different sides of the cooler holding it against the light.

The motherboard is also made for office applications and sure not for gaming. Make sure that the voltage regulators next to the CPU are cooled well (eg. use a fan to suck or blow air over them, normally placed at the back of the case).

What you can do is setting the CPU fan not on Quiet trough the EUFI/BIOS or software but I think it's set okay; the CPU on idle shows you that the CPU fan runs at 3200rpm.

Stock fans of AMD are no good indeed, they are only made for office work and browsing the net. Also make sure you have at least one (120mm) fan sucking the hot air out of the case.

When I was building system I always installed the CPU cooler on the motherboard before putting the motherboard into the case. This way I could see if the cooler was fit well and that there was no air-gap between cooler and CPU. It's easy to see if you look at it from different sides of the cooler holding it against the light.

The motherboard is also made for office applications and sure not for gaming. Make sure that the voltage regulators next to the CPU are cooled well (eg. use a fan to suck or blow air over them, normally placed at the back of the case).

What you can do is setting the CPU fan not on Quiet trough the EUFI/BIOS or software but I think it's set okay; the CPU on idle shows you that the CPU fan runs at 3200rpm.

So , i should change the motherboard or the fan?

If you don't overclock that motherboard is fine, but yes, I would get some aftermarket cooler from like CoolerMaster, just make sure it fits in your case. What more fans do you have in that case and what case are you using?

Like a week ago i buy a new pc , Fx 6300 , Saphire r9 270 dual x , 4gb ddr3 1600mhz ram , 960gm vgs3 fx , etc.
The problem is the temperature , i use speedfan to check the temp and it marks in the "cpu" 48º , 50º in idle , i also check it with other programs like Core temp and HWMonitor and they say 30º or 35º.
When i play bf3 the ºc rises up to 70º and there is when the lag spikes appears.

All is absolutely normal. If you have on idle state 95ºC or more, then would be something very wrong.

If you don't overclock that motherboard is fine, but yes, I would get some aftermarket cooler from like CoolerMaster, just make sure it fits in your case. What more fans do you have in that case and what case are you using?

Im using a sentey ds1 4246. It has 2 coolers (i put an 140mm one.) in the back part , and 1 in the front. 2 on the left side.

Edited by Freezetime26

All is absolutely normal. If you have on idle state 95ºC or more, then would be something very wrong.

Not if the image start to freeze (he calls it lag). Sure there are more factors than the CPU itself but let's face it, those stock AMD coolers are not that great for gaming.

Im using a sentey ds1 4246. It has 2 coolers (i put an 140mm one.) in the back part , and 1 in the front. 2 on the left side.

Those side-fans are only making noise, don't do much to the airflow. The fan at the back should blow out. Do you use the original 160W real output Powersupply that came with the case?

• 7 years later...

Corsair H60i is cheap and a huge upgrade from stock cooler.  use a good thermal paste like Artic silver creamique or a close compeditor, and you should be good.  also if the vrm chips are hot you can get generic "GPU ramsinks" and some thermal adhesive and add cooling to the vrm mosfets. DONT use thermal tape. they get way too hot for that.

H60i should be more than enough for stock settings, and probably enough for a mild OC as well. (3.6ghx MAYBE 3.7 if you got a good chip).