Windows XP Setup main screen Characters Incorrect

dimitris77

Hello i currently have a problem i tried to install xp greek with the latest driverspacks integrated in a clean windows installation and the characters in the Windows XP setup main blue menu are displaying incorrect like arabic or something like its missing the languuage(it should be greek)
the characters are displaying incorrect from from the "Press any key to boot from CD" until the loading of the sata drivers and when it finish loading drivers and shows the disk drives still the characters are faulty.
anyone knows whats wrong and how to fix this???
thanks

this is what i mean in the photo

post-398726-0-71778700-1419759300_thumb.

The issue seems like connected to a wrong Codepage (or a similar issue related to wrong mapping of characters).

The "base" is a Greek version of XP and by itself works correctly, right?

The only modification you make to it is to add/integrate the driverpacks, right? (or are you using *any* other tweak/removal/whatever in nlite?)

And are you doing this in the "right" order, i.e. first nlite, then driverpacks, right?

http://driverpacks.net/docs/beginners-guide-windows-xp

jaclaz

The issue seems like connected to a wrong Codepage (or a similar issue related to wrong mapping of characters).

The "base" is a Greek version of XP and by itself works correctly, right?

The only modification you make to it is to add/integrate the driverpacks, right? (or are you using *any* other tweak/removal/whatever in nlite?)

And are you doing this in the "right" order, i.e. first nlite, then driverpacks, right?

http://driverpacks.net/docs/beginners-guide-windows-xp

jaclaz

Hello yes the base is greek XP and works correct by itself,i did not use any other tweak or removal from nlite

i used nlite only  to extract the iso to a folder then i integrate driverpacks and make the iso 

Hello yes the base is greek XP and works correct by itself,i did not use any other tweak or removal from nlite

i used nlite only  to extract the iso to a folder then i integrate driverpacks and make the iso

Why are you using nlite then?

I mean you can use (say) 7-zip to do the extraction, which surely would not "touch" anything. (not that necessarily nlite would do it, but you never know).

And then you can recreate the new .iso with IMGBURN or mkisofs.

Then, if the new .iso created without *any* use of nlite fails as well the issue is clearly with the drivers packs in themselves, and you may be able to get better focused advice on their forum:

http://forum.driverpacks.net/

jaclaz

the base is greek XP and works correct by itselfIs... i used nlite only  to extract the iso to a folder

nLite expects an original XP CD, so the origine of "the" iso might be relevant to the problem.