KernelEx 2022 (Kex22) Test Versions (4.22.26.2)

jumper

No speed-ups intended--same code and build options. Just some new Version data and functions that can be accessed via new Core.ini modes. Perhaps SM is now running in a different mode?

I also upgraded kexbases.map from .20 !! Maybe that does the trick because it works much better with all
these ReactOS files that SeaMonkey loads in my setup like msvcrt.dll ??

Kexbases.map is just a text file the linker outputs that can be used for debugging. It has no effect on the execution and isn't even required.

The new Core.ini sets the default mode to Base. If you previously had it set to something higher, that might explain why the ReactOS (or other) files seem faster.

On 4/15/2019 at 9:02 AM, jumper said:

> I tried the newest KernelEx version.
In what OS with what service packs?

> K-Meleon appears more stable
What version of KM?

> my WinME installation in my VMWare
Are you running ME in VMWare on SE?

Windows ME w/ all system updates I believe

K-Meleon 74 (version 2 for w2k) by roytam1

I am running Windows ME in WMware because I don't have access to my computer.

> I am running Windows ME in WMware because I don't have access to my computer.

VkrnlEx.vxd modifies memory but hasn't changed, so I don't see how WMware could be affected.

>> Kexbases 4.5.2016.20 delta.7z
> Can you try a different file host? The download link here is broken!

Link works if logged in.

> Any help?

KernelEx 4.5.2 or later FULL package must be installed first. Then update with files from 4.5.2016.18 through .20 in DOS and reboot. Verify.exe needs KernelEx to be enabled on it with any mode other than the new "Minimal".

4 hours ago, jumper said:

> I am running Windows ME in WMware because I don't have access to my computer.

VkrnlEx.vxd modifies memory but hasn't changed, so I don't see how WMware could be affected.

>> Kexbases 4.5.2016.20 delta.7z
> Can you try a different file host? The download link here is broken!

Link works if logged in.

> Any help?

KernelEx 4.5.2 or later FULL package must be installed first. Then update with files from 4.5.2016.18 through .20 in DOS and reboot. Verify.exe needs KernelEx to be enabled on it with any mode other than the new "Minimal".

I am logged in, but the download will not start...could you make it a mega or google drive download? That way we can access the files even when MSFN is down.

EDIT: appears to be an issue with google chrome, it worked on firefox:huh:

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

On 4/23/2019 at 3:14 AM, jumper said:

Where can i find full 4.5.2016.18, 4.5.2016.19 and 4.5.2016.20?:unsure:

Edited by someguy25

IIRC you have to install 4.5.2 as said, and then update it with the files in the 4.5.2016.18 package, which is the most recent that has all the necessary files in it.
4.5.2016.19 and 4.5.2016.20 just contain updates to some (but not all) of the dll files. 4.5.2016.20 just contains an updated kexbases.dll for instance.
:)

13 hours ago, Dave-H said:

IIRC you have to install 4.5.2 as said, and then update it with the files in the 4.5.2016.18 package, which is the most recent that has all the necessary files in it.
4.5.2016.19 and 4.5.2016.20 just contain updates to some (but not all) of the dll files. 4.5.2016.20 just contains an updated kexbases.dll for instance.
:)

I see. Though when installing the 4.5.2016.18 package on WinMe(Fresh install fully updated) and rebooting nothing works like Opera. I used Safe mode to update the files since i can't reboot in DOS obviously:dubbio:

Edited by someguy25

> Though when installing the 4.5.2016.18 package on WinMe(Fresh install fully updated)
<sigh>...Please correct your error or refrain from using these Updates. This is currently a project, not a product. Users who either cannot follow instructions or cannot make accurate reports do not qualify as testers and should wait for a product release.