KernelEx 2022 (Kex22) Test Versions (4.22.26.2)

jumper

Hi Jumper, it looks like as if I was quite lucky the last few years because most of the websites that I visit reguarly worked fine with my SeaMonkey 2.6.1 !! But now some have been been upgraded :o
So I would like to ask if there are any chances for a new version soon ??
And if not, would it maybe be an idea that you maybe join forces with current browser projects ? (If I remenber correctly you once mentioned that SeaMonkey 2.3x 'worked' in one of your setups).

Thanks for all your hard work !!!!

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2018 at 11:27 AM, ABCDEFG said:

Is it possible to get these (or at least the latest) version re-uploaded?  The tinyupload links are no longer working.

After installing version 17, uninstalling then downgrading to 16, completely uninstalling and reinstalling the initial version, all my web browsers still cannot create their .db file...I've tried changing compatibility settings as well...

Is there a fix for this or will I be required to reinstall Windows ME?

Edited by ~♥Aiko♥Chan♥~

When you install Kex v4.5.2016.17 using my installer have same effect as installing v4.5.2015.9 and then upgrading to v4.5.2016.17.

Maybe your browsers have issues with 4.5.2015.9 files.

I will create installer based on v4.5.2 soon.

These updates are not yet ready for use by most users. They are not compatible with USP3, SE2ME, or UPXed files. Updating a previous KernelEx 4.5.x installation with just the new DLLs misses the registry and Core.ini changes that go with them.

I am currently testing nine new files. (I am having no problems with .db files in any of many browsers.) Please do not create any more packages until I post these new files. This should be in the next few days. Then we can coordinate a full installation for limited (MSFN.org) release.

I already have more API improvements for the following update. If I can also resolve the aforementioned compatibility issues, I'd like us to have a Release Candidate by the end of September and a Final for general distribution the first week of October.

Until then, remember that currently this is not an open beta for just anyone to access and try. These update files are only for testing by registered members of MSFN.org who are interesting in helping me improve KernelEx. As previously discussed, no file attachments from this thread should be redistributed in any form on outside servers.

On 9/16/2018 at 2:05 AM, jumper said:

These updates are not yet ready for use by most users. They are not compatible with USP3, SE2ME, or UPXed files. Updating a previous KernelEx 4.5.x installation with just the new DLLs misses the registry and Core.ini changes that go with them.

I am currently testing nine new files. (I am having no problems with .db files in any of many browsers.) Please do not create any more packages until I post these new files. This should be in the next few days. Then we can coordinate a full installation for limited (MSFN.org) release.

I already have more API improvements for the following update. If I can also resolve the aforementioned compatibility issues, I'd like us to have a Release Candidate by the end of September and a Final for general distribution the first week of October.

Until then, remember that currently this is not an open beta for just anyone to access and try. These update files are only for testing by registered members of MSFN.org who are interesting in helping me improve KernelEx. As previously discussed, no file attachments from this thread should be redistributed in any form on outside servers.

hope you don't miss my message:

• 2 weeks later...

KernelEx core update 4.5.2016.18 (beta) - KexBeta.18.7z 206.93 KB
  VKrnlEx.vxd - System driver
  KernelEx.dll - Core logic
  Kexbases.dll - API extensions (Shared)
  Kexbasen.dll - API extensions (Non-shared)
  KexCOM.dll - COM extensions
  Sheet.dll - Property Sheet Handler
  ApiLog.exe - Debugging console
  ApiHook.dll - Debugging support
  Verify.exe - Verify installation is working.
  Core.ini - Settings for KernelEx.dll
  LZDLL.reg - Registry support for six missing (98/SE) DLL's
  LZDLL_ME.reg - Registry support for four missing (ME) DLL's
  API-MS-Win.reg - Registry support for Win7 API sets

1) Exit Windows or reboot to DOS.
2) Copy all files except KernelEx.dll to existing KernelEx folder.
     (Kexstubs users: edit Core.ini [BASE] contents= line here.)
3) Reboot to Windows.
4) Run Verify.exe
5) (Optional) Add registry entries as needed.

More updates are already nearing completion: Ktree, Kexports; SList, SRW, PowerRequest. Specific API requests welcome.

Edited by jumper
KernelEx.dll is broken; optional Core.ini edit timing.

Hi Jumper, thank you very much for the new version but unfortunately I can't get it to run !!
Windows reaches desktop but then a error message pops up saying something like 'KernelEx couldn't find it's
driver counterpart'. Sorry I did not wrote down the exact text.
Also it might be good to add a new point 3 (or maybe 2b) that people using kstub should add this to core.ini

Best wishes, MiKl

I downloaded KexBeta.18.7z and backed up the contents of my existing kernelex folder and then copied the contents of the kexbeta into the kernelex folder while booted into dos.  I restarted and got this message:  Kernelex was unable to find its kernel driver counterpart.  Please reinstall kernelex.  My previous working version was 4.05.2016.17.  And if it matters, I have windows 98 installed in c:\win98 (not c:\windows).

Thanks for the confirmations, @Nomen and @Ath73. Looks like a bad build of Kernelex.dll slipped into the package. Try reverting that file to v.17. I'll update the package ASAP.

Edited by jumper