Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

jumper

KernelEx 4.5 Core Updates (4.5.2016.17)

KernelEx 4.5.2018: Regsvr32.EXE has sometimes problems registering non-standard Win9x files. I had to set Compatibility mode "Windows 95" or even "Windows Millennium" for Regsvr32.EXE, even if the file that had to be registered was already set to needed (NT version) Compatibility mode.

@Deomsh. Win2K or similar vs of regsvr32 with 2K settings is required for registration of some files.

@Jumper, can we link setupapi.dll to cfgmgr32.dll so that the CM_..... functions be used in calls to setupapi.dll?

Edited by Goodmaneuver
clarity

@Goodmaneuver: I haven't seen an app that calls both the traditional and CM functions from setupapi.dll, so making a local copy of cfgmgr32.dll renamed to setupapi.dll usually works. You can also forward them individually with Kexstubs.dll. That said, K.18 aleady forwards CM_Get_Device_IDW. K.19 will also forward CM_Get_Device_IDA and CM_Get_Parent. Do you need any others?

@deomsh: Noted. Let me know when you have more details.

@schwups: Try adding this to Core.ini:
[WINXP.names]
KERNEL32.CheckRemoteDebuggerPresent=kexstubs.0

@ Jumper, I have only seen one program that just called CM entries namely Leawo Blu-ray player. I tried renaming cfgmgr32 but some of the system libraries need the real setupapi. Anyway I would like to see the net.framework working again. I think it would be possible to get up to 3.5 working. Also it would be good to see Maxthon 3 working as I have written in Backporting newer browsers to Win9X with KernelEx. The K.19 CM additions will be good, I need to check for others soon. 

I have only been testing above 4.5.2 for a few months and I would like to help more but I need help on what I need to do.

Edited by Goodmaneuver
typo

> Leawo Blu-ray player ... net.framework ... Maxthon 3
Test them with ImportPatcher and report what is missing.

After looking back at old notes from loblo and others, I found 20 other CM_* requests. The supported list will now be:

[SETUPAPI.DLL]
CM_Connect_MachineA
CM_Get_Child
CM_Get_Child_Ex
CM_Get_DevNode_Registry_PropertyW
CM_Get_DevNode_Registry_Property_ExA
CM_Get_DevNode_Registry_Property_ExW
CM_Get_DevNode_Status
CM_Get_DevNode_Status_Ex
CM_Get_Device_IDA
CM_Get_Device_IDW
CM_Get_Device_ID_ExA