How to Make Visual Themes Compatible

KaddirB

Hi

I just made a theme for windows 8.1 since that's the OS im running but i have a question is it possible! to make visual themes/custom themes made with Windows Style Builder  .msstyles compatible with other OS's instead of just 8.1 i've seen some people on sites like Deviantart make a theme compatible with windows 8 the theme was for windows 7 but he had *Updated on the description with now compatible with windows 8 so im wondering how is this possible.. do they redo the theme with windows 8 using the .msstyles the theme or some other method i would really apreciate it if anyone knows this so i may change the theme i made for other OS's as well so that people don't need to ask "is this compatible with windows 7?"  

-Thanks in advance.

If you want to have the same visual style on different Windows version, you must create a visual style for every versions : if you want to have the same on 7 and 8, you must create one for 7 and one for 8.

You can also importe a visual style from an older version of Windows to a newer but you must create the visual style for the older version of Windows you want to support first.

At the end you will have a visual style for every version of Windows in separate archives and you can post your visual style ;)

• 4 weeks later...

If you want to have the same visual style on different Windows version, you must create a visual style for every versions : if you want to have the same on 7 and 8, you must create one for 7 and one for 8.

You can also importe a visual style from an older version of Windows to a newer but you must create the visual style for the older version of Windows you want to support first.

At the end you will have a visual style for every version of Windows in separate archives and you can post your visual style ;)

Yes i know i tried to apply windows 7 images to windows 8 visual theme but it did not work so windows 7/8 difrent numbers i used restorator 2007 for replacing images anyways you're right for every OS you need to create new visual style.