From AHCI to IDE the solution to install w7 unattended

Hai,

I always used unattended windows for several years,

I have now a version windows 7 unattended, which can not be installed.

Normally when you install you get to the screen where you can choose on which partition you want install W7.

But what I get is a screen where I can change language etc.

When I press continue, I get a screen with a bar INSTALL. when i click on the INSTALL bar, I am asked for a windows dvd/usb.

I have tried several versions unattended w7 versions. Tried 2 usb sticks.

I can install Ubuntu so my motherboard is ok.

What I have read is the fact that my BIOS is set on AHCI and my HDD is also set on AHCI

If I change the setting AHCI to IDE in BIOS, BSOD will appear.

I have read many ways to change AHCI to BIOS, non of them do work.

I have 1 HDD, 1TB, i7, 16gig Ram. Never had any problem. Normally, USB stick in the laptop, change the boot device and thats it. Never had any problem.

Please see the pictures which I see, trying to install w7.

Used several windows to usb tools, downloaded the windows twice.

Dont know what is wrong.

Hope u can help me.

dennis

Edited by Ohana

Normally when you install you get to the screen where you can choose on which partition you want install W7.

So this has worked correctly for you in the past? If so, which legal version was that that worked correctly, exact iso name might help, and which legal version now doesn't work? What install medium are you using? If USB, how, EXACTLY including the tools you used, did you get the install source transferred to USB and make it bootable? Machine specifics of when it worked and those now that it doesn't? Any other details that you can provide, whether you think they are relevant or not might help someone help you.

[NOTE: if you are just saying that the problem is with a legal source in order to continue the conversation, then the conversation is likely to end quickly and you risk being banned for breaking the forum rules.]

Cheers and Regards

Let's not waste anyone's time. Do, please, perform a simple experiment so we can find out what's happening:

Windows 7 SP1 has official ISOs available for download, so, please do download exactly the same version of the official 7 you do have (so that your official key will work) using the links provided in this thread elsewhere. Then burn it to a DVD and try to install it. If your problems persist, then you do have a problem we can help you with. Please notice that, even if your official Win 7 is pre-SP1, those images I've pointed you to should work all right! Of course, please do let us know how it went, whatever the result, OK?

Hai Dencorso,

got it solved,

Bought a Samsung EVO 250 SSD.

Even XP wouldn't install on the old HDD.

Perhaps this could have been the problem:

ouch31149.gif

Thanks for the link!

Laptop starts within :w00t: But the 8.1...hate it.

Have found some tweaks. I have got my startbutton back.

Againg thanks for the help.

regards

This topic can be closed.