bigmuscle

1 hour ago, Octopuss said:

So is this program abandoned? 2016 seems pretty old.

Aero Glass GUI still works on current build of windows (17134.191) and Aero Glass 1.5.9.

Edited by Pjertan

• 3 weeks later...

On 8/31/2018 at 9:56 AM, Octopuss said:

Is it normal that the program takes up to ten seconds to start?

If yes, what is it doing that it takes so long?

Yes it takes an eternity to start, and I wish I knew what it was doing.  I suppose it is starting!  LOL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The opacity slider in "Glass color" doesn't do anything. What is it supposed to do?

Similarly, I don't understand the "accent color". It doesn't do anything either.

Oh and in the accent tab, the checkbox doesn't work. When I uncheck it and click save, it gets reverted to checked state.

Edited by Octopuss

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm trying to get the titlebar in my Windows 8.1 windows exactly the same color and transparency as the titlebars in Windows 7 so using a previous Aeroglass GUI version (just has System, Theme & Appearance and Glass Colors tabs) I have the following set:

Theme & Appearance tab:

Glass Reflection Intensity: 0%

Blur effect radius: 4

Glass geometry radius: Win 7 style

Caption glow effect mode: Use Theme settings

Glass colors tab:

Automatically compute from desktop background: unchecked

Color balance: 39%

Opacity: 22%

I use Aero8 Glow theme by MrGrim01.

Titlebars look pretty similar to those Windows 7

Could other users suggest ideal settings?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

DrStrange I'm not sure if you mean you are intentionally using the older GUI version or not but if not...On page 7 of this topic Bigmuscle posted a newer GUI which has an Accent tab as well as the tabs you mentioned above, 

Edited by Alanrh

12 hours ago, Alanrh said:

DrStrange I'm not sure if you mean you are intentionally using the older GUI version or not but if not...On page 7 of this topic Bigmuscle posted a newer GUI which has an Accent tab as well as the tabs you mentioned above, 

We need the new Aero Glass GUI for new registry commands.

This is old one: http://glass8.eu/files/AeroGlassGUI.7z

Edited by bykaracivi45TR

6 hours ago, SkyySX said:

What are the new commands?

* additional changes to match acrylic design (installer provides option which design to use)

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM\

- CustomThemeReflection - file with texture that is stretched over whole desktop and rendered above glass regions (default is Aero Glass Win7 reflection texture)

- CustomThemeMaterial - file with texture that is rendered (tiled) above glass regions (default is Acrylic noise texture)

- ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity - opacity of reflection texture (default = 0)

- MaterialOpacity - opacity of material texture (default = 4)

4 hours ago, CKyHC said:

* additional changes to match acrylic design (installer provides option which design to use)

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM\

- CustomThemeReflection - file with texture that is stretched over whole desktop and rendered above glass regions (default is Aero Glass Win7 reflection texture)

- CustomThemeMaterial - file with texture that is rendered (tiled) above glass regions (default is Acrylic noise texture)

- ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity - opacity of reflection texture (default = 0)

- MaterialOpacity - opacity of material texture (default = 4)

Whoops thank you, I must have overlooked these when looking at the FAQ. I will play around with these though I think I'll leave them at default as I still use a .msstyles theme made for 1803 which works like a charm.

• 1 year later...

When using this tool, my accent color gets reset periodically. Also, it randomly checks the "Use active accent color for inactive frames" checkbox when clicking save, even though I uncheck it every time. It is really frustrating, as it greatly messes with the colors. I also don't seem to be able to change any color via regedit, it just gets reset everytime I close the registry editor.

I'm using Windows 10 1909 (Build 18363.720)

2 hours ago, jonaskohl said:

When using this tool, my accent color gets reset periodically. Also, it randomly checks the "Use active accent color for inactive frames" checkbox when clicking save, even though I uncheck it every time. It is really frustrating, as it greatly messes with the colors. I also don't seem to be able to change any color via regedit, it just gets reset everytime I close the registry editor.

I'm using Windows 10 1909 (Build 18363.720)

The following should work:

- Go to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]
- Enter your desired color code in the "AccentColorInactive" key.
- Right click the "DWM" key from the left menu and click "Permissions".
- Restrict permissions for the current user.
- Restart the computer.