It does not matter which OS comes next.

ROTS

Windows was perfect back when it was 9X. People are not perfect. We had three OSes to choose from.

Amiga ( which is what Apple is trying to be ), and the Apple ( which was until they switch to intel.

People are the flawed beings. Not the OSes. People are too cheap to purchase the parts needed to extend an computers life at all. People are too dumb to care about privacy. People are just flawed. Nowadays most neo-womanist can walk around with an OS in their spinster-make-up kit. That is just what computers are.

For the love of gosh we have DOOM running on printers.....................................................That is stupid people. If our printers are basically computers that are powerful to run DOOM. Why do we need this stuff.

We have cameras on computers that looks like little PEEP holes. Camera that can turn on and off without hesitation at alll.

Edited by ROTS

I've got an 8" floppy drive and other parts of the same era he might be interested in as well. :)

Naaah, the Amiga already used 3.5" floppies, though "low density" or DD:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floppy_disk_variants#Commodore_Amiga

The 8" floppy is so pre-Apple II Disk II :w00t:, and just to show how size does matter, the new, miniaturized floppy drive from Shugart was actually called "minifloppy" :ph34r::

http://apple2history.org/history/ah05/

sa400.jpg

jaclaz

I speak the truth we are afraid to talk about. People are the problem not computers. Every computer since whenever is good enough for the job it accomplishes. Progression is one thing but the end consumer has a right to make calculative decisions and not just be hoarded into thinking the same ole. It is new and thus great. Rebuy the same exact program you brought more then ten years ago because nobody has shown you how to port it down to an newer model system. It is almost an laughable mockery for people to do such things.

Computers did their job tooth sweet and due to lack of information; people barely used them. Only that small handful of people got anything done. While the rest just played around. Imagine all the people today who are purchasing brand new 32Gig systems with 4Gig processors but they are barely doing anything that could have been done with an upgrade from years ago.

I look at the new stuff and with my education could see the integration of various properties and progress. But why should an person mindless spend money only to repeat the same process over and over again. I see taxes upon taxes being collected and another piece of garbage. In fact we are buying garbage and nobody cares about what we have at all.

Edited by ROTS

• 5 years later...

fat 16/32 was ans still is less latent to access due to no journaling or security  however the larger the drive the bigger risk of problems so the

natural partition limit of 137gb was wise.

Extensible file system (exfat) is a fantastic opportunity to format a second partition of a 1tb+ disk to enjoy modern video games

simular to fat32. (windows xp and above i beleive) and it has a built in backup partition table to recover from. 

I compared fat16 fat32 and exfat on my 256mb WD caviar from 1995 exfat won hands down for consistancy. (it was the internet browser cache lol)

dos windows hasn't found any real support in modern virtual machines which is sad really. (intel works best)

It would be so wonderful if someone made a fuse to add support for exfat in windows 9x kernel.

Edited by ZaPbUzZ