Beta channel

Tihiy

With Windows 10 10586.318 64-bit, with the exception of Settings and Store, all UWP apps removed:

since 1.2.2 (both the 4th April and 26th May builds), the Start Apps folder has disappeared for me. As soon as I install 1.2.1 again and the installer restarts Explorer, I see the folder again. Is this happening with just me?

EDIT: It's now renamed to "Apps". I can't see it mentioned in the changelog, and for the life of me, I don't know why it was changed (esp. when the settings part of SiB still refers to it as "Start Apps"), but I do feel like a tit for posting.

Edited by qwerty12

• 3 weeks later...

Let's honor StartIsBack++1.3 with betatest and detailed changelog

http://startisback.com/StartIsBackPlusPlus_setup.exe

• Support for Windows 10 Anniversary Update
  • New feature to disable application preloader on Windows 10 Anniversary Update
  • Improved Plain10 visual style (search results are no longer black on white)
  • Various fixes and improvements
    • StartIsBack now does not require reinstallation after Windows build upgrade
    • Added glyph icons to PC settings
    • Added support for non-numeric metro icon badges
    • Added 'Open file location' for jumplist items
    • Apps are considered new for 7 days instead of 2
    • Uninstall no longer performs silent logoff
    • Improved frequent program list rating list calculation
    • Some more undocumented settings
    • Fixed 'Remove from this list' unavailable for some pinned items
    • Fixed taskbar icon blinking
    • Fixed metro icons not recoloring
    • Fixed possible leaks and memory corruption
    • Fixed jumplist broken items dialog missing text
Edited by Tihiy

In the search menu I noticed a change with text color, it used to be Explorer & Shell > Explorer > Items View > ItemsView > Details > Selected but now it seems to use the text color in Fonts, Colors, & System Metrics > Colors (Globals) if there is one there, removing the text color from there reverts it to the default location again, is there any way you can make it ignore the global text color?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello

Since the latest version I always "StartIsBack Pin Menu" option that comes back
I disable this option with Windows 10 Manager, but it comes back (I do not know if it's after a reboot or other)

Capture.PNG

Thanks

Edited by bapt

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 2:58 AM, bapt said:

Hello

Since the latest version I always "StartIsBack Pin Menu" option that comes back
I disable this option with Windows 10 Manager, but it comes back (I do not know if it's after a reboot or other)

Capture.PNG

Thanks

I think it is related to the StartIsBack64.dll
With this latest release, it is "launched" (this was not the case with the previous version)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Tihiy, it's about time we had some new customization added don't you think?

Would love to see some of these added that I mentioned before.

1. A diferent button image for "Start Menu > Menus > Aero > KeyBoard:TreeView > TreeItem" (The default one would be good) instead of using "Start Menu > Panels > Aero > Top > Programs List > Controls > Programs List Item > Pressed" (then the start menu will be perfect).

2. Support for Taskband TaskItem Buttons "Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Basic > TaskBand > TaskItemButton" IMO Windows 10 style taskitem buttons are complete rubbish.

3. Previous Windows style Themeable System tray background "Taskbar & System Tray > System Tray > Basic > Horizontal > TrayNotify > Background".

4. Previous Windows style Jump List (If present in the msstyles) and functionality (ability to pin more items like in previous Windows) "Start Menu > Panels > Aero > Top > Jump List".

Additional Request (Not very important):

5. Unlocked System Tray Flyout button Width.

6. Previous Windows style Aero Peak (Just because I would love to have it themeable again).

7. Previous Windows style System Tray Flyout (Why did they change it and make it less useful by taking away the customize link area).

8. Ability to have proper functioning Content margins for taskbar clock, "Left, Right, Top, Bottom" at the moment only left and right do anything but even then it will just add both values and center it.

In the Anniversary Update the clock background has been hard coded and now can not be customized, also the clock text properties have been relocated from Taskbar & System Tray > System Tray > Basic > Clock to Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Basic > TaskBand > TaskItemButton

I know that all this customization was not the plan for SiB and it probably isn't going to bring anything to those who do not care for these features, but I believe there are still many people who do want to have their OS fully customizable and I believe that you are the man for the job, I propose to you that instead of adding more and more features to SiB that you instead combine the features of ONE and SiB as well as other new features, for example simple color, transparency and blur to explorer like you have with the Taskbar and Start menu, I think a good name for this project would be CiB Customization Is Back, would love to hear back from you about this proposal and maybe I could make poll on my site to give you an idea of the potential for this project.

Edited by MrGRiM

Personally I would prefer you keep ONE separate from SIB, as I use ONE, but would never use SIB.  I absolutely adore the new Windows 10 Start Menu.  So, if you choose to combine them, at least also let us install separately.

I like the new start menu as well but i use SIB to get the customization of the task bar back on RS1. Would love to see some of these things like Mr Grim was saying implemented back into task bar. Thanks for your work mate.

1 hour ago, dhjohns said:

Personally I would prefer you keep ONE separate from SIB, as I use ONE, but would never use SIB.  I absolutely adore the new Windows 10 Start Menu.  So, if you choose to combine them, at least also let us install separately.

I also like the new start menu and use it on a daily basis but I still prefer to use it only for modern apps, that is besides the point though, SiB has many more features then the start menu and Tihiy has already made it optional to have the default start menu open instead and have the SiB start menu open with Ctrl+Win so there is absolutely no reason not to use SiB with custom themes that support taskbar customization and it only makes sense that ONE is combined with SiB as no one likes to install multiple programs unnecessarily and taking up extra resources.