Beta channel

Tihiy

5 hours ago, Tihiy said:

StartIsBack++ 2.0 RC2

http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBackPlusPlus_setupBETA.exe

Improved full msstyle UI experience + fixed skinning bugs

Other bugfixes

Thanks for the update Tihiy, the show desktop button is working great now and the msstyle UI is much better, only UI bug I am still getting is the scroll arrows don't function when using a mouse, you have to use keyboard arrow keys to select different start buttons and start menus.

I have also noticed that the system tray flyout background is controlled by the custom taskbar coloring, this is a nice feature but I have run in to an issue because I have my taskbar background color set to fully transparent and while this looks great on my taskbar, in the system tray flyout it makes it very hard to see the white default system icons if for instance you open it with a white window or web page behind it, if possible could we have the option for that background to be either returned to the default flyout background like the volume and clock flyout or with a separate  coloring and transparency slider, I think the later may be a better solution and maybe you could incorporate the other flyouts as well.

Also if you could please change the font properties back to Taskbar & System Tray > System Tray > Basic > Clock for the clock, I have no idea why RS1 changed the clock text color and font properties to the taskband.

One last skinning request as well, if it's not too much trouble, could please add back the ability to add an image in Taskbar & System Tray > System Tray > Basic > Horizontal > TrayNotify > Background to enable having the complete system tray themeable again that would be awesome, thank you.

6 hours ago, MrGRiM said:

only UI bug I am still getting is the scroll arrows don't function when using a mouse, you have to use keyboard arrow keys to select different start buttons and start menus.

This is intended so far.

6 hours ago, MrGRiM said:

Taskbar & System Tray > System Tray > Basic > Horizontal > TrayNotify > Background

Where do I find a compatible skin with that skinned part?

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 5:04 PM, bapt said:

And also, I always have the "switch user" option in the start menu while there is only one user with my Windows 10 1607

Thanks

Possible to know if this is a "bug" or is it normal ?
From memory, I do not have it with the Start menu of Windows 10

Thanks

2 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Okay, I've implemented TrayNotifyVert::TrayNotify and TrayNotifyHoriz::TrayNotify but blindly since no skins I've found do skin that part.

Same link: http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBackPlusPlus_setupBETA.exe

Thats works fine, is there any chance we can get some working content margins in the system tray area, nothing seems to work in there since windows 10

No particular style, it's just the content margins in Taskbar & System Tray > System Tray > Basic > Horizontal > TrayNotify > Background and Taskbar & System Tray > System Tray > Basic > Clock are still present in the default msstyles but they no longer have any effect, it's nice to have the option to use these content margins, also any chance you could fix the time/date properties to use Taskbar & System Tray > System Tray > Basic > Clock again?

StartIsBack++ 2.0 RC3

- Skinned taskbar will use lighter color like start menu

- Tray icon overflow won't be too translucent

5 hours ago, MrGRiM said:

you could fix the time/date properties to use Taskbar & System Tray > System Tray > Basic > Clock

Not this time, sorry

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 5:04 PM, bapt said:

And also, I always have the "switch user" option in the start menu while there is only one user with my Windows 10 1607

Thanks

Possible to know if this is a "bug" or is it normal ?
I do not have it with the Start menu of Windows 10

Thanks

2 hours ago, Tihiy said:

Switch user and lock computer are different. It does not matter that you have no other users.

I have Switch user and lock computer
I only have "lock" with the start menu of Windows 10

I was thinking about a bug, because with TH2, I did not switch user

Edited by bapt

1 hour ago, Tihiy said:

StartIsBack++ 2.0 RC3

Not this time, sorry

Thanks Tihiy, the tray flyout looks a bit better now, one bug I am still experiencing is when changing themes the taskbar goes blank, I have to restart explorer or open the SiB settings to make it apply again.

Not a bug as such but with Taskbar & System Tray > System Tray > Basic > Clock there are 3 states for the mouse over image but the first state is not displayed if there is an image present, only hover and pressed.

Another thing I noticed is with the Aero Peak if you have multiple explorer windows the active window displays an extra border around it and that is not the usual behaviour.

14cb0jq.jpg

It should just look like the following.

2zspgdt.jpg

Also I had a trick on Windows 7 and 8 that allowed me to remove the blur behind the aero peak windows and this doesn't work any more with your reimplementation so I was wondering if maybe you can do the same as you did with the start menu using the composited:bool in Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBandExtendedUI > Thumbnails & Controls to toggle the use of blur and colorization?

StartIsBack++ 2.0 RC4

2 hours ago, 2635599 said:

lost my ability to get a rightclick menu on any systray icons

Fixed that

21 hours ago, MrGRiM said:

maybe you can do the same as you did with the start menu using the composited:bool in Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBandExtendedUI

Implemented that

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:28 AM, bapt said:

I have Switch user and lock computer
I only have "lock" with the start menu of Windows 10

I was thinking about a bug, because with TH2, I did not switch user

I looked on several PCs, I did not "switch user" with the original start menu of Windows 10 (but I have this option if I add a 2nd user)
A small "bug", so

On 2017-3-1 at 6:00 PM, Tihiy said:

hey, i was working on a similiar app to bring back TaskItemButton and jump list. u just did taskitembutton, i was loading more similiar WB (its eat more of processor)

any chance you can load jumplist eZ way ?

also, congratz on 2.0 nicework.

Edited by nicely