Beta channel

Tihiy

StartIsBack++ 2.0 BETA2

http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBackPlusPlus_setupBETA.exe

- PC settings right pane item is now expandable as menu

- 'Display as menu' is now always available in context menu for right pane items

- 'Use multi-column flyout menus for right side items' is now on by default

- Fixed bugs on build 15031+

- StartIsBack cache files are now stored in %localappdata%\StartIsBack\Cache

StartIsBack++ 2.0 RC

http://www.startisback.com/StartIsBackPlusPlus_setupBETA.exe

- New setting to change style of taskbar and start context menus: you can force Classic, Light or Dark theme

- Implemented animation when dragging taskbar icons around

- Overhauled PC Settings search. There has been complaints (not enough) that it sucks.

* Now PC Settings search is not longer dependant on system file indexer

* Search category is named 'Settings' instead of 'Control Panel' and clicking it opens Settings search results, not Control panel

2.0 is feature complete now. Your feedback is welcome!

Thanks so much for this update

Is it not possible to put the Cache folder in the StartIsBack directory?
Or if this "folder" is mandatory? (not present in the previous version)

And also, I always have the "change user" option in the start menu while there is only one user with my Windows 10 1607

Thanks

Edited by bapt

Program Files subdir is not writeable without admin privileges. Previously Orbs and Styles there were made world-writeable but that presented a (minor) security degradation.

So now all files are written in %localappdata%\StartIsBack

Ok, the StartIsBack directory is in ProgramData (for me) and the other folder for these files in the AppData\Local directory.
I would have preferred to have all the files in the same directory

Edited by bapt

Scroll buttons for the appearance menu still not working, I have to click on something and then use the arrow keys, also seem to be having problems getting the show desktop button and tray clock to theme, I have added all the classes and properties but don't seem able to change them, the task view buttons and aero peek are working nicely though.

On 24/02/2017 at 7:35 PM, Tihiy said:

What style are you trying to fly? Is it full msstyles? Gimme style with all classes in place and i'll try to make SIB work

I am using my HUD Machine RS1 theme, in Taskbar & System Tray > System Tray > Basic > Clock I have set the clock background to none but I still get the hard coded grey background, I tried with an image as well but I have the same results, I have also added back the classes and properties for the show desktop but all I get when I hover over it is a grey transparent button.

Here is the theme for you to test https://www.mediafire.com/?qtcqahcblccfqjc

If possible could you also make the clock text and font properties use Taskbar & System Tray > System Tray > Basic > Clock like it used to be pre RS1 instead of Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Basic > TaskBand or Taskbar & System Tray > TaskBand > Aero > TaskBand.

Thanks for all your hard work on this mate :)