Beta channel

Tihiy

49 minutes ago, 2635599 said:

sorry dhjohns but i have to agree with GRiM once again.

I have tried using SIB with just what I want, and nothing else, and it is a PITA.  I really do not want it on my computer at all.  Period.

I'm with Grim too, Tihly, you are the man for this and I know only you can pull this off. That is the reason I came to you with the taskbar skinning when I saw that Stardock was trying to corner the market on it when 10 first came out, I knew it was possible, and THIS is possible too.

1 hour ago, dhjohns said:

I have tried using SIB with just what I want, and nothing else, and it is a PITA.  I really do not want it on my computer at all.  Period.

Can you give an example of something you found to be a PITA?

Edited by MrGRiM

Well, while only Tihiy can solve the question of what the installer will allow one to choose or whether it won't allow any choice, you can help making everybody less unhappy by stopping this nonsense of posting in orange negrito bold letters. TIA.

8 minutes ago, 2635599 said:

i'm pretty sure on here just like any other forum slurs AREN'T allowed.

Negrito is how you say bold (text) in Portuguese. Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions.

Edited by rpsgc

3 hours ago, 2635599 said:

dhjohns there is a very easy work-around, and that is to have one installer with checkboxes so you can choose which components to install. that would make everyone happy i think.

That would be good.  I don't like to have extra software installed.  I really have tried out the Start is Back, and found it very confusing.  It always wants to install a replacement start menu which I don't want.  I have never really quite figured it out, and it adds stuff everywhere.  It has been a while since I actually worked with it, but I couldn't check a box saying Do Not Install Replacement Start Menu.  Look, I never used the Windows 7 style start menu when it was with Windows 7.  I didn't know it but I used toolbars to create what was very similar to what we have now in Windows 10.  I had nice groupings of commonly used programs just like I have now in 10.  The only difference being is that there was no all programs attached.  With 10 all the programs are arranged alphabetically all the time, and I can group commonly used programs.  Some of them even have Active Tiles which is like totally awesome.  So you see, I don't need the start is back, just the OldNewExplorer.  No offense to anyone.  Different strokes for different folks.  I am just explaining how I feel.

2 hours ago, 2635599 said:

dhjohns that is because it is a "start menu" replacement program first and foremost.

Exactly and that's why I think we need to have CiB that is not just about bringing back the start menu, the start menu could definitely be an optional feature as all new features probably should be, the idea is to not be forced to have windows look or function in any particular way but to bring back personalised customization choices much like the new kickstarter Customatic by MeowPurr http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1304456-customatic-themes-launchers-desktop-live-tiles-for-windows-10/

As you can see this exactly the type of project I am proposing, but rather then take the approach of reinventing the wheel and making themes proprietary that no longer use the msstyles and forcing people to use Customatic, continue to use the msstyles as people can still use the themes if they wish without all the added features, this will ensure that themers will continue to create great themes that people can use for free if they wish and at the same time add the extra features they want that can be accessed for small cost using CiB.

Those who wish to continue using ONE for free can do so but I think many people would be happy to pay a small premium to have better customization on Windows 10 and if you don't believe me then look at Customatic, they already raised nearly $3000 in 3 days for the kickstarter.

@2635599 ARGHHH MY EYES!!!! I'd appreciate it, too. (P.S. the link to your MemberID at the left is automatic).

On 8/3/2016 at 6:51 PM, dencorso said:

you can help making everybody less unhappy by stopping this nonsense of posting in orange negrito bold letters. TIA.

In regards to CiB I think it's a great idea having all the offerings of ONE and SiB++ combined into a single app. Also an alternative to Aero Glass would be great, maybe something similar to Winaero Glass. Right now Aero Glass is a must for a large percentage of custom themes, due to the way it correctly renders title bar caption font colors and backgrounds. Aero Glass is a good app but there are some problems it has sometimes with the retrieval of symbols and also many pop ups due to incompatibility or key notifications.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Windows 10 Build 14915 makes Startisback not working. Pressing Setting apps put out of error: Class not registered. Well any metro/modern app is not working unless I uninstall Startisback (All windows 10 Default Metro/Modern app put out error Class not Registered)

Installed version: Startisback 1.3.3

ss (2016-09-04 at 06.19.25).png