Beta channel

Tihiy

That setting also affects mouse click.

Thanks, it did the job but this function works strangely. When I hit Windows key on the keyboard or just use mouse Start Screen opens but when I hit Windows key again in order to close the screen icons jump a little bit down, return into previous place and the screen stays turned on. Also, if I move my mouse pointer to the very bottom left Start Menu always opens instead of the screen.

EDIT: in the latter scenario when taskbar is right-clicked Win + X menu opens in the top of the screen instead of the bottom. However, when taskbar is right-clicked in the place Start button is placed Win + X menu opens normally.

Edited by MDJ

I made a video you asked:

You can also see here that the program adds strange hover color to Win + X menu which isn't used when the program isn't installed.

Edited by MDJ

I managed to fix the issue which makes modern Start menu not turnable of. Classic Shell was causing this so turning it off solved the issue. However, other two problems and newly found issue with Win + X menu dark grey hover color still persist.

Edited by MDJ

It's seen in the video from 00:19. I've also stated them here:

Also, if I move my mouse pointer to the very bottom left [of the screen] Start Menu always opens instead of the screen.

EDIT: in the latter scenario when taskbar is right-clicked Win + X menu opens in the top of the screen instead of the bottom. However, when taskbar is right-clicked in the place Start button is placed Win + X menu opens normally.

Talking about Win + X menu hover color, this is related to StartIsBack only as after uninstallation hover color becomes light blue again.

• 2 weeks later...

Version ++1.2-REDSTONE

http://startisback.com/StartIsBackPlusPlus_setup.exe

Support Windows 10 build 11082:

- Fixed Start screen shortcut not working

- Fixed strings missing

- Fixed badly composited fonts

StartIsBack no longer uses JumpListPane::ListView, StartMenuCompositedMFU::ListView, StartMenuComposited::ListView, StartMenuKeyboardComposited::TreeView system skin parts. Composited and font properties must be specified in StartPanelComposited::StartPanelPriv parts.

Awesome work Tihiy, will check this out later, I have been working on importing themes to Redstone on WSB and I now have a working script to import from Windows 8 and Th2 themes, should be easy to implement this new change in the script, I will be sure to hand it out to themers when I have a working test.

Version ++1.2-REDSTONE

http://startisback.com/StartIsBackPlusPlus_setup.exe

Support Windows 10 build 11082:

- Fixed Start screen shortcut not working

- Fixed strings missing

- Fixed badly composited fonts

StartIsBack no longer uses JumpListPane::ListView, StartMenuCompositedMFU::ListView, StartMenuComposited::ListView, StartMenuKeyboardComposited::TreeView system skin parts. Composited and font properties must be specified in StartPanelComposited::StartPanelPriv parts.

OK well I tried this new build and so far I am not finding this to be an improvement, I found adding the missing classes back to be a more complete solution, first of all I noticed that you can no longer have a hot tracking color and in more programs NSC Host you can no longer set the fill color background, instead this is set from system metrics window color, the first problem I may be able to remedy if I add states to the parts to see if that can bring back a workaround for hot tracking colors but unless I am missing something I have no idea how to set the more programs color, I would much prefer if this background behaved just like the normal programs list using the image as the background and didn't need a separate property at all.

Ok, I'll have to add fallbacks to be compatible with TH2 themes, and for NSCHost add support for hot tracking color, drop the necessity of fillcolor (just use part background picture). Which skins I need to tailor for?