Windows 10 Start Menu Transparency

Anant

• 1 month later...

I am not a fan of the Windows 10 start menu but while I am on the beta I am forcing myself to test it out.

I dont like the accent on the taskbar so I use the commandline tool to make it more traditionally blured and its much nicer this way. But I havent been able to work out what class the start menu is rendered with so I havent been able to make the start menu transparent. I'll keep looking (although if someone knew it off the top of their head, I wouldnt object if you let me know).

And overall, the commandline tool is easy to use. I just have it running in a batch file. It isnt instantly in effect but it works soon enough for my tastes and therefore I'm happy with that.

But I am likely to use StartIsBack in the full release - the current start menu feels more and more like a struggle as I use it daily.

...I just have it running in a batch file. It isnt instantly in effect but it works soon enough for my tastes and therefore I'm happy with that...

Feel free to share that batch file, anytime my friend. I'm really like the look of transparece in those pics of 9924

That screen shot shows how good a bit of glass on the menu looks.

At least for now, the trick to rename classic shell to cs.exe allows installation, and the blur effect still works.

Microsoft have also removed the small glow animation on the taskbar icons when you hover on them.

Exception is the usual status icons, pwr,snd,volume still have blue glow, but not the new notifications icon.

Setting 'Disable Task Bar Transperancy' in Classic Shell, still restores some blur to the taskbar.

I was slightly annoyed though, I sat at my laptop do do a few things and realized it was updating. 

Thanks, I would rather have downloaded the iso with my limited data package and done it manually.

Cheers,

Sean

Edit, I see it is mentioned that transparency is planned for inclusion since the start menu has been re written.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/01/23/january-build-now-available-to-the-windows-insider-program/

Time will tell.

Edited by ralcool

Hi I'm new to the forum !!

I have a question about using aero glass on windows build 9926.

I'm not able to get it to work. Downloaded manualy retail symbols pack from microsoft and installed them in c:\AeroGlass but the program keeps saying that it can not find the symbols need for this build.

I know that aero glass 1.3.1 is only supported untill build 9879 but is there a work around for the build I'm on ?

Greetz Base

current version is not 9926 compatible. We must wait for a new version.

Not put any effort into it yet myself (nor read all the threads here), but at least some others seem to be reporting getting Aero Glass to work with the new OS.  What's up with that?

-Noel

Well, taskbar transparency works with the commandline tool... but is lost every time the UI refreshes, which is often, especially if you bring up the start menu. I never got the start menu transparent.

WinID says the class name for the start menu is "class Windows.UI.Core.CoreWindow" however, that did not work for me, which I assume is partly because clicking start refreshes the UI and removes transparencies.

• 2 weeks later...