Windows 10 Start Menu Transparency

Anant

Do you know for sure, or do you just think, that the Start Menu above is the standard Ms supplied stock Start Menu?

Could the Start Menu actually be one supplied by either Classic Shell or StartIsBack?  I could be wrong, but I believe that those programs have the ability to create a Start Menu that looks the way that you want it to look.  I think that folks tried to tell you this in your previous posts but you didn't seem to listen. [Note: I don't use Win 8, 8.1, or 10, so I'm only going by what I've read.  If I'm totally off base then never mind. :) ]

Cheers and Regards

Possibly also implied in The Old Man's question is "why would you WANT to use the Win 10 out-of-box Start Menu when there are much better alternatives available?"

And yes, even those Microsoft is trying to quash can be installed.

-Noel

I believe that they only disabled accent. But what I totally hate is why the system cannot stay consistent over all of its parts. I'm talking especially about titlebars of modern applications - why don't they respect DWM and render the titlebars on its own?

In Build 9901 has been Glass on Taskbar also removed, now is there nothing what use native Glass in Windows 10.

In 9901, now, using Big Muscle's software makes only title bar transparent.

Edited by Anant

I believe that they only disabled accent. But what I totally hate is why the system cannot stay consistent over all of its parts. I'm talking especially about titlebars of modern applications - why don't they respect DWM and render the titlebars on its own?

Yeah, black title bars with big misshapen controls and only some of the resources (drop shadows) composited.  How nice.  This is the inevitable result of Microsoft no longer following any usability standards for its desktop.  We knew it would happen.  Their own work is as sloppy as any, and for some reason they all still think Metro is the only thing people will want to run.

We need to face the facts that 1. Microsoft knows your product and themers exist, and 2. They're actively working to prevent people from improving the look and working of their desktops.

Much as I value keeping current, if they continue to actively screw up the ability to improve the desktop look and feel, for me it's a no brainer:  No glass, no upgrade to Win 10.  Would have already been that way for me for Win 8 except your product fixed some of the worst of its desktop look and feel.

Feeling a bit like Padme Amidala?  "Microsoft, you're going down a path I cannot follow"

Now where did I put my light saber...

-Noel

Can you fix the Taskbar Transparence ?

Only in the Team Preview Settings but not in the Desktop.

In Build 9901 has been Glass on Taskbar also removed, now is there nothing what use native Glass in Windows 10.

Its still trancebarent...

TviCUQ5.png?1

post-7348-0-44229600-1418672391_thumb.pn