Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.3.1

bigmuscle

There is a current Windows Update, KB3048043 released this week, that updates DWMCore.dll.  I suspect that's what's hindering the Aero Glass product.

last week I got the private symbol for this DLL. Maybe MS noticed this an removed the private PDB but forgot to upload the public PDB now to the symbol server.

could you upload that symbols pack?

Maybe I can copy it into areoglass folder and let aeroglass recognize it (:-))

EDIT

Found them

https://mega.co.nz/#!WRtFQajQ!Jj9Nc3aHaEmX7mCHuip2aIrQJ52sLeNJfcsd6-Dcoco

1) Inside the directory, where AeroGlass is (or will be) installed, create subdirectory called "symbols".

2) Download my DWM symbols pack for W8-1-1, W8-1-0, W8-0-0 - x64 or x32 actual to 2015-05-12:

3) Copy the content of appropriate subfolder of archive \2015-05-12_Symbols\W8-x-x_xXX\symbols to the created "symbols" subdirectory.

4) Install AeroGlass 

Edited by tosbsas

This latest Windows 8.1 update has broken Aero Glass symbols. An error message keeps popping up asking me if I'd like to retry downloading. Hopefully there's a fix soon.

Also, could you provide part of your debug.log info?

I have the following state and no symbols are needed.Thus I'm interested which pattern is broken.

dwmcore.dll version 6.3.9600.17795
udwm.dll version 6.3.9600.17415
Symbols loaded from patterns: 0x7FF

P.S. you can always try Aero Glass for Win10 (but on Win8.1) debug version which is the most recent build to see if it fixes the issue.

Big Muscle, I also see this:

[2015-05-15 23:27:01][0x8E4:0x1F34] Aero Glass for Win8.1 v1.3.1 x64 correctly loaded (C:\BIN\DWMGlass.dll).
[2015-05-15 23:27:01][0x8E4:0x215C] DBGHELP: Symbol Search Path: .;SRV*C:\BIN\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
[2015-05-15 23:27:01][0x8E4:0x215C] dwmcore.dll version 6.3.9600.17795
[2015-05-15 23:27:01][0x8E4:0x215C] udwm.dll version 6.3.9600.17415
[2015-05-15 23:27:01][0x8E4:0x215C] Symbols loaded from patterns: 0x7FF

-Noel

Specular, did you read the post just above yours?

-Noel

I did, but I don't normally download files from unknown sources, although it's likely fine.

There are neither known, nor unknown sources.  There are just sources.

Look in your debug.log, extract the part I did, and post it here.

-Noel

Here is the most recent output. Edit: wait, I could have sworn I was using v1.3 at least. Will try updating.

Update worked, however my donation key isn't being recognized and the watermark appears on the desktop. I installed over the existing copy and all the original files are still there including 'license.key', so I'm not sure what went wrong. Reboot didn't help.

Edited by Specular

At the time of this writing, I have the specified update installed (KB3048043), but no side effects occured.

Has it been fixed by another update?

Edited by TheClock
Removed Photo

Actually it may have been another issue entirely that the others had.  We've learned since that the current released version of Aero Glass for Win 8+ is fully equipped to find the locations to patch all on its own, without need for any symbols.

-Noel