Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.3.1

bigmuscle

This is known problem. That's why this theme on my page is called "Sample (unfinished) theme". If someone has fully working TP a CP atlas theme for Win8.1 and Win10, I'll be glad if he sends them to me and I will update the links.

Could you confirm that the bug was fixed in this debug build? http://glass8.eu/out/leak_fix.7z

I've been trying that version in Win 10 build 10074, and I will continue to do so today.  So far no problems.

Does the issue also affect the Windows 8.1 released version 1.3.1?  Seems like I've run it quite a long time without exhausting any resources.

-Noel

A lot of windows all at once or successively?  I tend to run my system for weeks on end between reboots mandated by Windows Update, so I do open and close a lot of stuff.

I ran the test version you posted above all morning in a Win 10 VM and the memory usage remained steady at around 125 MB.  I'd seen it go up to as much as a couple of GB before, so it seems like you've done some very good things there.

-Noel

Guys, any idea how to deactivate my key and regenerate new one? My HDD died on me and had to replace it but then the key is not accepted as you know.

Thanks for all the help and big thanks for bigmuscle of course.

EDIT:

I found the page to do it and deactivated my two keys already. Unfortunately, I have to wait 30 days  :( ... 

Edited by ahmedsalahais

Guys, any idea how to deactivate my key and regenerate new one? My HDD died on me and had to replace it but then the key is not accepted as you know.

Thanks for all the help and big thanks for bigmuscle of course.

EDIT:

I found the page to do it and deactivated my two keys already. Unfortunately, I have to wait 30 days  :( ... 

Well for continued support of the Aero Glass project you also could just donate again and not have to wait the 30 days.

~DP

Well for continued support of the Aero Glass project you also could just donate again and not have to wait the 30 days.

~DP

I thought of that but for some reason I am having a problem with my PayPal account. I will do once I get it sorted out, the work here deserve the support.

Hello to everyone! First of all  I would like to say thank you bigmuscle for such a great product!

But there is a little issue with it when i use it with a win8rp theme(http://www.glass8.eu/themes/win8rp.png) which is displayed on the screenshot.

Pic:http://imgur.com/rmq9P2r

This artefact is only observed in "Mobility Center" window. With win8cp and win8rtm themes its all looks good! Does anyone also have this issue?

Aero Glass for Win8.1+ v1.3.1 and Win 8.1 x64.

This is known problem. That's why this theme on my page is called "Sample (unfinished) theme". If someone has fully working TP a CP atlas theme for Win8.1 and Win10, I'll be glad if he sends them to me and I will update the links.

How about this one I've been using? 

post-394074-0-45159600-1431174458_thumb.

I thought of that but for some reason I am having a problem with my PayPal account. I will do once I get it sorted out, the work here deserve the support.

The problem was related to using older billing address. I updated the address and everything went fine, and donated again! Nice job, Bigmuscle!

Hello to everyone! First of all  I would like to say thank you bigmuscle for such a great product!

But there is a little issue with it when i use it with a win8rp theme(http://www.glass8.eu/themes/win8rp.png) which is displayed on the screenshot.

Pic:http://imgur.com/rmq9P2r

This artefact is only observed in "Mobility Center" window. With win8cp and win8rtm themes its all looks good! Does anyone also have this issue?

Aero Glass for Win8.1+ v1.3.1 and Win 8.1 x64.

How about this one I've been using? 

Looks better, just wish we could get rid of that title bar text :realmad:  glow.

~DP

There is a current Windows Update, KB3048043 released this week, that updates DWMCore.dll.  I suspect that's what's hindering the Aero Glass product.

You could uninstall it and wait for Microsoft to put the debug symbols online.  They have done so, often with a delay after the KB comes out, for all versions so far.

Personally I don't usually install Windows Updates the day they come out...  Better to let other people test them first.  I look online for reports from others having installed them.  If there are no screams of anguish (or reports that Aero Glass doesn't work) after a while, the updates go in.

I go read about what each and every one proposes to do to my computer - which is how I knew that KB3048043 seeks to update DWMCore.dll to 6.3.9600.17795.  Making a judgment about whether to install a particular update right away - or wait - based on what problems it purports to fix (in this case a black screen while moving tiles around, which I don't see) is a good idea. 

It's probably good to install most all updates at some point sooner or later, but if you aren't suffering from a particular problem there's no rush.

-Noel

This is from memory, but I *think* you can look for information in your Aero Glass debug.log about where the symbols are to be downloaded from.  It's possible you could get (or develop) a URL from there that you could use to check to see if the symbols are on the symbol server before reinstalling the KB.

Or you could occasionally reinstall it, see if it works, and uninstall it again if the symbols don't automatically download.

-Noel