Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.3.1

bigmuscle

Hello. I've come across an issue. I mistakenly applied a registry key to my registry editor. Noted in the screenshot. "fix-current-user.reg" which I had downloaded from MSFN. Now my aero doesn't work. I have windows 8.1 and here are my registry entries. Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. 

j0rUy86.png

Check your PM hydro and let me know if that works for ya..

~DP

Don't forget to taskkill dwm to reload AeroGlass as well.

~DP

'Stop and Start Dwm.exe for AeroGlassIf WScript.Arguments.length =0 Then  Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")  objShell.ShellExecute "wscript.exe", Chr(34) & _  WScript.ScriptFullName & Chr(34) & " uac", "", "runas", 1ElseSet WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")Set oExec=WshShell.Exec("taskkill /F /IM dwm.exe")Set oExec= NothingEnd If

Could you repost your screenshot showing the whole names?  Grab the little bar just to the left of Type at the top, and drag to the right until you see all of the name.

7h5nxMq.png

FYI, you can make the columns wider in RegEdit.  Just grab the divider between the column headings (e.g., just to the left of "Type") and drag...  Would save you some guessing.

-Noel

"BlurDeviation"=dword:80000001

I would start with deleting this value. What do you think that blur radius of such high value will look like?

As always. Being a huge help. Thank you big muscle. And thank you to everyone in their efforts to help. I appreciate it. It works fine now.

Hello BigMuscle...

You are doing a great work with this, keep that!!!

I have a problem with my installation, I have donated an amount to you a long time ago, but  not used areo glass.

Now I want to put aero glass in the same machine. I have the license.key, but I obtain that:

[2015-02-21 04:57:06][0x7EC:0x914] Machine ID: NAWPLSL7OZ4EILT34TW4LD2XWBDLTZQ5V6LVWRLQVLIEUXRA
[2015-02-21 04:57:06][0xBFC:0xA70] Donation key not loaded (2 - The system cannot find the file specified.)

How I can fix this?

Thanks

Hello BigMuscle...

You are doing a great work with this, keep that!!!

I have a problem with my installation, I have donated an amount to you a long time ago, but  not used areo glass.

Now I want to put aero glass in the same machine. I have the license.key, but I obtain that:

[2015-02-21 04:57:06][0x7EC:0x914] Machine ID: NAWPLSL7OZ4EILT34TW4LD2XWBDLTZQ5V6LVWRLQVLIEUXRA
[2015-02-21 04:57:06][0xBFC:0xA70] Donation key not loaded (2 - The system cannot find the file specified.)

How I can fix this?

Thanks

You must change name FROM license.key TO donation.key, then it will work.

Aero Glass has stopped working for me since the latest Windows update.

"Your DWM is incompatible with Aero Glass!"

Trying to download the latest symbols doesn't work.  I really hope an update is due soon, I really miss the transparency already.

Edit:  Updated to version 1.31 and it's working again.

Edited by nascent