Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.3.1

bigmuscle

Dual 1920x1200 monitors, NVIDIA GTX 770 running latest drivers, and yes, there are visual glitches, especially with Clover (chromium-derived explorer.exe replacement). If I drag an ordinary window over another window, I can draw on the titlebar. I can capture some video of this tomorrow if you'd like.

Hi. I don't know why but my donation.key is not accepted anymore. I was on my new PC with Win 8.1, and version 1.3.1 worked perfectly with the key. Today I decided to format it and install Win 8.1 Pro. I installed version 1.3.1, inserted the donation.key in the folder, but after reboot il always not registered. I tried to create a new key with the machine number without deleting the previous one, but even the new one does not work (the machine number is the same in both keys). What can I do?

Hi. I don't know why but my donation.key is not accepted anymore. I was on my new PC with Win 8.1, and version 1.3.1 worked perfectly with the key. Today I decided to format it and install Win 8.1 Pro. I installed version 1.3.1, inserted the donation.key in the folder, but after reboot il always not registered. I tried to create a new key with the machine number without deleting the previous one, but even the new one does not work (the machine number is the same in both keys). What can I do?

It is named donation.key right?

Hello. I've come across an issue. I mistakenly applied a registry key to my registry editor. Noted in the screenshot. "fix-current-user.reg" which I had downloaded from MSFN. Now my aero doesn't work. I have windows 8.1 and here are my registry entries. Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. 

j0rUy86.png

Hello. I've come across an issue. I mistakenly applied a registry key to my registry editor. Noted in the screenshot. "fix-current-user.reg" which I had downloaded from MSFN. Now my aero doesn't work. I have windows 8.1 and here are my registry entries. Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. 

j0rUy86.png

Here is what you added:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]

"Composition"=dword:00000001

"ColorizationGlassAttribute"=dword:00000001

"EnableAeroPeek"=dword:00000001

"AlwaysHibernateThumbnails"=dword:00000000

"ColorizationColor"=dword:1a6bb7fa

"ColorizationColorBalance"=dword:00000000

"ColorizationAfterglow"=dword:1a6bb7fa

"ColorizationAfterglowBalance"=dword:0000000a

"ColorizationBlurBalance"=dword:0000005a

"EnableWindowColorization"=dword:00000001

"BlurDeviation"=dword:80000001

"DisableGlassOnBattery"=dword:00000000

Here us what I have, and my Aeroglass is working perfectly

"DisableGlassOnBattery"=dword:00000001

So try going to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM in your registry editor, and delete everything except for what I have  and the default value.  The 1 in DisableGlassOnBattery is to let a laptop not use aeroglass in battery mode.

Edited by dhjohns

could you give us a shot of the same place in the HKCU? espeically since the currentuser reg is supposed to fix in the HKCU and the HKLM gets overridden by the HKCU.

I can't find it in HKCU?

That would be HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM

could you give us a shot of the same place in the HKCU? espeically since the currentuser reg is supposed to fix in the HKCU and the HKLM gets overridden by the HKCU.

I can't find it in HKCU?

If your unsure of doing the registry manually then just shoot me a PM and I will send you over a Aero Enabler for 8.1 that should work for you..

~DP :whistle:

I can't find it in HKCU?

That would be HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM

coENxxK.png

Here you are

I can't find it in HKCU?

If your unsure of doing the registry manually then just shoot me a PM and I will send you over a Aero Enabler for 8.1 that should work for you..

~DP :whistle:

I would appreciate that! Thank you!