Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.3.1

bigmuscle

Microsoft released Build 9926 + symbols:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg463028

Has anyone tried if Aero works? The current look sucks as hell. The only good thing about 9926 are some better looking icons, compared to earlier builds of Windows 10.

I am always so grateful for this project.

In a clean install of Windows 10 tp, it takes a minute or two to install AeroGlass - in that time, it is so uncomfortable to use the OS. Its easy to forget how much of an improvement this is until you experience the moments without it.

So as always, Thank you BM!

sorry, but I need to correct you.

it isnt like it doesnt work at all it works partially (many windows dont get it, but my FF for example does.

also I am really looking forward to the release which you said that comes after the Weekend, but first things first, I need to get a theme patch working...

Edited by My1

I just updated to the newer build of Win10tp and it is seriously ugly! Definitely will use Startisback later.

At least AeroGlass partially works (if you click cancel on the error message about being unable to get symbols/unable to hook DWM)

Edit: And the commandline for putting blur on the taskbar works but gets reverted shortly after it is activated (by bringing up the start menu). It is actively trying to stop users having a nice OS.

Edited by drakenabarion

the most ugly thing is especially how they mess with the color you set, I set my theme to orange and my taskbar and loginscreen bg color aare plain ugly. b4 I could circumvent this by pseudo-using the Win8 start screen (ClassicShell4ever) and selecting the metro colors there, but that doesnt work in Win10...

No, it does not. Some internal structures changed a bit. However, it is very small change. I will post fixed version after weekend.

Typical Microsoft always changing something. To make the theme makers do more work again.

At least AeroGlass partially works (if you click cancel on the error message about being unable to get symbols/unable to hook DWM)

The basic blur effect works because it is very easy and very generic code, but it is totally glitchy, because glass safety zone reimplementation does not work. After you get the symbols, it will crash immediately.

No, it does not. Some internal structures changed a bit. However, it is very small change. I will post fixed version after weekend.

Typical Microsoft always changing something. To make the theme makers do more work again.

I cannot really imagine new version without changing anything :P

it is probably not about changing nothing at all but usually always something at places that gives us problems, in the first build themes worked splendidly, but later we got the black metro bar, like I call it and now at least for me 3rd party themes dont work at all...

Edited by My1

So this time for the first time, I'm not looking forward to symbols being updated. xD The glass makes things bearable

(Its more usable now that I installed Startisback - if there was anything they did right in the start menu initially in Win10, its completely undone now)/

In that case you can delete (or rename) the donation file dor now, I'll do the same even if I get a pop-up and a watermark extra.

@BM it would be really nice if you could add sth. like a comment line to your support interface so when dealing with multiple codes you can see which is which at first glance.

Edited by My1

I know aeroglass doesn't fully work yet for Windows 10 Build 9926. But when I install it and restart it doesn't start up and not showing in Task Manager

It ok. I decided to fresh install Windows 10 Build 9926 which I did as a upgrade before and now it starts up

Honestly, I'm kinda hoping Microsoft is truly going to listen and will bring Aero glass back to Windows 10 natively. I love BM's tool...but I think with Windows 10, I'm just going to take it as it comes, especially on my 2-in-1.

Still rocking AG on my 8.1 desktop though. :D