Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.3.1

bigmuscle

but I would appreciate it if the popup would be removed as a popup which more or less asks for a donation doesnt make it feel like it's a donation software but rather like a trial, similar to winrar.

The watermark is okay in my oppinion.

that's why I said more or less, as it gives you the key for copying (obvoiusly to register in the donation site, therfore indirectly asking for a donation), and the copyright is also in the watermark and the popup just is plain annoying and doesnt give the feel of a donationware.

Well since Bigmuscle created the software he is entitled to do whatever he feels best, this popup and donation

has be discussed on here Ad nauseam and there is no way on God's earth that you can make everyone happy, so just

be glad that someone out there brought Aero back and live with it.

~DP

that's why I said more or less, as it gives you the key for copying (obvoiusly to register in the donation site, therfore indirectly asking for a donation),

Yes, it gives machine ID so you can generate your key in your profile. But it has nothing to do with the donation.

Hello mates :), i;ve a question. How much i must donate to get full version (no watermark) for this excellent app? ;). I was donate 1€ by PAYPAL yesterday and i didn't recieveany thank mail from developer :(. This is too low donate to get full access?.

If you feel it's excellent...  Something you'll look at and use every day...  A bright idea...

How much does it cost to buy a good book or LED light bulb?

How much did you pay for the operating system where they felt it was okay to just DELETE Aero Glass?

-Noel

Hello mates :), i;ve a question. How much i must donate to get full version (no watermark) for this excellent app? ;). I was donate 1€ by PAYPAL yesterday and i didn't recieveany thank mail from developer :(. This is too low donate to get full access?.

If you feel it's excellent...  Something you'll look at and use every day...  A bright idea...

How much does it cost to buy a good book or LED light bulb?

How much did you pay for the operating system where they felt it was okay to just DELETE Aero Glass?

-Noel

I was only ask .. don't blame me ...

----------------

I was donate 8€ while ago, and now i can generate 6 keys, but when i want to login on this site www.glass8.eu/donate i recieved this message ...

Sorry, but we could not find you in the database.The e-mail or password probably does not match your PayPal account at the time of your donation. If you did not receive any password, use your postal code (or ZIP).This may also be caused by situation that you didn't respect donation instructions and you used different form of the donation.

I entered PAYPAL Login and Pass. Did i do something wrong? :(.

Edited by Alucard1989pl

It's nice that you chose to increase your donation.

If you're having specific trouble with operating BigMuscle's web site after making a donation, perhaps you should consider sending him a private message.  It's not a common problem as far as I know.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Well, the Windows 10 event came and passed. I noticed that on Microsoft's official screenshots of the Start menu/screen posted on their website, I saw TRANSPARENCY on the Start menu/screen and the taskbar. I'm not declaring that transparency is coming back to the window borders yet, especially since only some of screenshots have that transparent effect, and no effect on any window borders, yet. I guess we will have to wait until the new build releases next week to confirm.

win10_windows_startscreen2_web.jpg

Edited by WindowsOS

OK then. Also, I have a question. Since Microsoft has been really paying attention to feedback with Windows 10, and with the second most popular post on the "Themes and Personalization" section of the feedback app being about Aero Glass, do you think that MS will bring it back with the next "consumer" preview build, current leaks not withstanding (different build labs working on different parts of the OS)? If so, what will happen to this little project?

It is easy, if there is no need to reimplement Aero Glass effect, then there will be no need to develop my application ;)

On the other side, if it is needed, nobody says that it will be possible to reimplement.

Would have to agree, Tihy is still making improvements for SiB+ on Windows 10 even though they are bringing the start menu back, as long as there are still people interested in an alternative that offers better features as I am sure allot of people still are then I see no reason not to continue, I can bet you they will not bring back the blur effect even if they do bring back transparency, I bet they wont bring back inactive colored frames either, these are not features I am personally bothered about as I prefer no coloration or blur, but I know that there are many that do and appreciate the work you are doing.

Edited by MrGRiM

I dont need (and I dont WANT) blur, what I want is color, and that is a prob of Win10 yet.

Actually, when Neowin uploaded pictures of Windows 10 build 9924 from the Microsoft event's demo machines, border colorization was seen in Win32 apps. Only Modern apps will have the plain border. Of coarse this could all change, plus there might be a option to use border colorization in both Win32 and Modern apps. Again, to truly know, we will actually need to use and thoroughly explore a build ourselves once it releases (the next build might be 9926 and will be released next week).

img_9349.jpg