Aero Glass for Win8.1+ 1.3.1

bigmuscle

I get a 5-10fps performance increase with certain 3D games such as Minecraft with aero glass disabled. I think that the blur effect is the cause of this.

What Windows you running. That sort of problem is more related to graphics card

I installed the update and now I still reboots

It would be helpful if you'd actually describe the problem.  I understand that there may be a language barrier, but "now I still reboots" simply does not sufficiently describe anything.

Is your computer rebooting on its own?  Or are you rebooting it and finding Aero Glass not to be working?

Have you tried holding down the Control Key during the login process?  That will circumvent Aero Glass loading.  If it works okay without Aero Glass but fails in some way (which you should describe in detail) when Aero Glass is allowed to load, then you have confirmed what's causing it.  If it still fails either way, then you likely have another problem unrelated to Aero Glass.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

• 2 weeks later...
bigmuscle, on 10 Jan 2015 - 04:53 AM, said:bigmuscle, on 10 Jan 2015 - 04:53 AM, said:

It is not bug but the intention. Blur effect is not rendered when overlaid data are not available. There is more cases when this happens but it is less visible.

OK then. Also, I have a question. Since Microsoft has been really paying attention to feedback with Windows 10, and with the second most popular post on the "Themes and Personalization" section of the feedback app being about Aero Glass, do you think that MS will bring it back with the next "consumer" preview build, current leaks not withstanding (different build labs working on different parts of the OS)? If so, what will happen to this little project?

BTW, Gabriel Aul (the Windows Insider boss) said it himself: https://twitter.com/GabeAul/status/544241908445220864

Edited by WindowsOS

In my opinion not enough people care enough about subtle things to have provided substantial feedback to Microsoft that will cause them to restore Aero Glass capability.

An awful lot of people who have no knowledge and only a frivolous need for computing hardware - and therefore NO BUSINESS guiding the direction of operating system development - say things like "I love the new UI".  Look over the top feedback entries if you don't believe me.

By the way, since you mention the Task View layout...  In my opinion the new Task View (Alt-Tab display) is a major failure - for many of the same reasons a Start Screen is a failure.  It's another step in the wrong direction!  When you're juggling a lot of details trying to use a lot of open programs the LAST thing you need is for the system to rearrange everything and replace your desktop with something else.  Somewhere around the time of Vista the ordering of the list provided by Alt-Tab was changed.  It's no longer completely based on the Z-Order.  Someone at that time I guess must have made the decision that more people don't keep mental track of what they've been doing, and instead they need to search visually for the program they want to use by looking for it in a list.  The trouble with this is that it completely gets in the way of an adept user, since that adept user gets well in tune with what he's doing and just wants to switch to a task in a known position in the Z-order.  I can't count the number of times I've wanted to put a fist through the screen after I've accidentally hit the "Desktop" entry and minimized everything.  Yet none of these things are configurable.  At least they're removing the "Desktop" entry in Win 10.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

In my opinion not enough people care enough about subtle things to have provided substantial feedback to Microsoft that will cause them to restore Aero Glass capability.

An awful lot of people who have no knowledge and only a frivolous need for computing hardware - and therefore NO BUSINESS guiding the direction of operating system development - say things like "I love the new UI".  Look over the top feedback entries if you don't believe me.

By the way, since you mention the Task View layout...  In my opinion the new Task View (Alt-Tab display) is a major failure - for many of the same reasons a Start Screen is a failure.  It's another step in the wrong direction!  When you're juggling a lot of details trying to use a lot of open programs the LAST thing you need is for the system to rearrange everything and replace your desktop with something else.  Somewhere around the time of Vista the ordering of the list provided by Alt-Tab was changed.  It's no longer completely based on the Z-Order.  Someone at that time I guess must have made the decision that more people don't keep mental track of what they've been doing, and instead they need to search visually for the program they want to use by looking for it in a list.  The trouble with this is that it completely gets in the way of an adept user, since that adept user gets well in tune with what he's doing and just wants to switch to a task in a known position in the Z-order.  I can't count the number of times I've wanted to put a fist through the screen after I've accidentally hit the "Desktop" entry and minimized everything.  Yet none of these things are configurable.  At least they're removing the "Desktop" entry in Win 10.

-Noel

I can see why you would hate the new Task View layout. You could still switch to the XP style Alt-Tab layout by using this registry tweak: http://www.askvg.com/how-to-get-windows-xp-styled-classic-alttab-screen-in-windows-vista-and-7/About you claiming that not enough people are caring about Aero, try searhing for "Aero" under "Theme, window, and personalization control panel" in the feedback app:

15q6rsj.png

And, THAT is just in that section. Plenty more are in the "All other issues" section in both Personalization and Desktop areas.

Edited by WindowsOS

The numbers of fanboys praising the new stuff exceeded those kinds of numbers long ago, but I hope you're right.  Over the past weeks I added my "Me Too" to those feedbacks.

Unfortunately, Microsoft seems to hear only what they want to hear, and they're just not doing much more of what adept users need/want in Windows 10 than in Windows 8.  Someone who's still there just won't give up on Metro.

It may improve - we all wish it will, and I'm of course looking forward to the next release in a week or two - but my worry is that Microsoft may no longer have the competence to actually improve it any more.  It can't have been a good place to work for people who care about seriously making Windows better these past few years.

-Noel

• 2 weeks later...

Hello mates :), i;ve a question. How much i must donate to get full version (no watermark) for this excellent app? ;). I was donate 1€ by PAYPAL yesterday and i didn't recieveany thank mail from developer :(. This is too low donate to get full access?.

certainly NOT!

he just doesnt tell the min amount so ppl will always just spend the min amount just to get the full version, just give him what you think is okay in your mind, bttw. donating more gives you more full version "licenses"...

I paid 7,89€ and got 5 full versions, for example.

Edited by My1

Yes, getting the full version is not conditional on donation. Donation is always only a donation and you can donate any value you want, but you should never expect anything for it. On the other side, I give the keys as a form of my thank you to anyone who just does not fill the donation as a lowest number he can write on his keyboard ;)

certainly NOT!

he just doesnt tell the min amount so ppl will always just spend the min amount just to get the full version, just give him what you think is okay in your mind, bttw. donating more gives you more full version "licenses"...

I paid 7,89€ and got 5 full versions, for example.

Oh ... I get it now :).  It's possible to contact the developer to discuss how much money i must donate to get 1 or 5 full versions? :).