Still possible to activate XP Home?

shorterxp

Hi all, new to the forum.

Just a quick question regarding XP activation in light of ms dropping support.

Is it still possible to activate a fresh install of windows today, particularly home edition?

I'd would be great to know before persuing the creation of an nlite backup :).

Thanks in advance

All the best,

I don't know if it's the same for XP-home as it is for XP-Pro. Online activation for XP-Pro worked for me just 2 weeks ago when I activated a couple of copies on VPC.

It could very well happen that the activation servers will be shut down in the near future in order to force users to new equipment. I strongly suggest making an image of the system immediately after activation.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if it's the same for XP-home as it is for XP-Pro. Online activation for XP-Pro worked for me just 2 weeks ago when I activated a couple of copies on VPC. It could very well happen that the activation servers will be shut down in the near future in order to force users to new equipment. I strongly suggest making an image of the system immediately after activation.

herbalist, it's the same for any version of Windows XP, including Home edition.

my brother and I bought the Windows XP Home Edition RTM upgrade CD that came in a product box back in early 2003 and online activation still works, even past the April 8, 2014 support cut-off date.