How to install GeForce3 drivers with XPCreate?

zehninguem

I would like to have the drivers for my NVidia GeForce3 card installed during my unattended process but I don't know if the method to make this works is the same used to the SATA drivers that BTW I did for the Fasttrak 376 and works perfectly.

For the NVidia drivers I creatted anothe folder under $OEM#/$1/Drivers called 002 (i.e. $OEM#/$1/Drivers/002)

I put the NVidia Drivers into this folder and included the Drivers/002 at winnt.sif as bellow

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

OemPnPDriversPath="DRIVERS\006;DRIVERS\002"

BTW: The DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore was very important to have my SATA drivers working!!!

But unfornunatly the NVidia drivers were not installed and worst this new installation was incapable to find my SATA drivers. The SATA drivers installation was working with OemPnPDriversPath="DRIVERS\006" only (without the ;DRIVERS\002).

Can someone give me some help?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to MSFN, zehninguem.

I assume this is a typo: $OEM# (should be $OEM$) If not, that would be a problem.

XPCREATE really does nothing special for any of the drivers, so I have to suspect that the problem lies elsewhere. The "DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore" must be because you were using unsigned drivers. There should be signed versions for that controller.

Sorry I cannot be of more help, but I bet you will find in the end that the problem was silly; a typo, or a wrongly placed file, or something similar.

Good luck!

Hello GM

Yeap, my $OEM# was a typo, but unfortunatly only on my message.

I put the DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore because without this line my SATA fasttrak 376 drivers did not install at all and I received an error saying that the istallation processes was incapable to copy the driver files (.sys, .cat, etc)

Regarding the AC97 drivers the situation is really very strange, as soon as I include the DRIVERS\002 at my OemPnPDriversPath (see extract bellow), the setup proces does not find my fasttrack drivers.

OemPnPDriversPath="DRIVERS\006;DRIVERS\002"

I was also thinking about to include my NVidia drivers at my installation DVD but since I'm having this problems with the sound drivers I will try to solve this one first.

Since you told me that XPCREATE does nothing special with the drivers I can exclude my supposition that XPCREATE.CAB (missing info for my driver inside this file) had something to do with my problem.

By the way thanks for the amazing XPCREATE.

Let's see ...

Were the SATA drivers you were using signed or not? The driver that XPCREATE integrates is only used during text mode setup, and driver signing is not an issue, as XP is not yet able to validate signatures at this point of the setup. I'm not 100% sure on the details ... but I do install my signed 3112 drivers without the Ignore thingy.

The XPCREATE.CAB file only contains the info that will be added to the TXTSETUP.INF file. The actual files themselves are not used. The only similarity it has with XP drivers files, is that they both use the CAB archive format. One test would be to try the driver integration without XPCREATE, and see if that makes a difference.

Another posibility when existing fies are reported as not found is UPPERCASE/lowercase issues. I do uppercase all the XPCREATE created files, but not the files in FILESCD. Just a thought ...

Other than that I don't have any more ideas. Feel free to post as you discover more ...

ok am i just confused or were we talking about nvidia driver issues in the beginning of this post? cuz now i see AC97 audio and fasttrak issues...but neways my $.02:

first of all are you sure your fasttrak controller is one of the supported controllers in the Updated SATA Driver List If it isnt then we may need to add support for your drivers, thru greenmachine...what model is your promise controller? (I'm a BIG fan of promise technologies)

as for your AC97 and nVidia driver issues...I'm having some issues integrating nVidia drivers into my install myself sooo I'll see what I can come up with.