optical mouse recommendations?

Thanks for all the recommendations everybody. I picked up an Intellimouse clone made by Kensington, because it doesn't feel quite as bloated, and it had the extra buttons the Logitech mouse didn't. I think functionality was a fair compromise for how ugly this thing looks. ( picture here http://kensington.com/products/pro_mic_d1463.html :)

I bought two different mice in the last four weeks. The first was made by SIGMA and it sucks. Looked good, Optical Cordless USB/PS2 with its own cradle that combined the receiver/transmitter, has all the buttons previously mentioned, two triple-A rechargeable batteries, and cost about US $25.00 The thing quit working after about two weeks. Friends of mine had no problems with them.

I just picked up a Logitech Cordless Optical USB/PS2 with the two standard buttons and a scroll button. Runs on two double-A batteries, no cradle. Workd good for now. Installation is a no brainer.

I have only seen one other that incorporates the cradle into the receiver/transmitter and it was a cheapie with only one channel. I bet the industry starts using this new cradle design in the future.

Cordless mice are good for two things. The first is the obvious (no cord) and the second is it makes a pretty good rock to throw at the wife and kids when in a pinch.

Cordless mice are good for two things. The first is the obvious (no cord) and the second is it makes a pretty good rock to throw at the wife and kids when in a pinch.

And if the mouse really p***es you off, use it as a chew toy for the dog (see tha_filer and earthlink CD's) :) or throw it through your "my-car-needs-a-new-muffler" neighbor's windshield. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Logitech Cordless Optical over a year or so ago, it's been working perfectly every day, except those days when it needs new batteries, thats one of only two complaints I have, the other complaint is that it's pretty hefty, but I got very used to it, very fast. And it's not compatible with only two of my friends, so I say, if you have any friends who it's not compatible with, laugh at them very hard for it. :) BTW I think the best batteries I have found for that in particular are from a company called leap, or the batteries themselves are called leap, not sure which, but they come in a blue tube of 6 AA's for 8 dollars, pricy, but well worth it.

BTW I think the best batteries I have found for that in particular are from a company called leap, or the batteries themselves are called leap, not sure which, but they come in a blue tube of 6 AA's for 8 dollars, pricy, but well worth it.

Why dont you get yourself some rechargeable ones...they might be more expensive at first, but over a bit of time they would save you lots of cash!

:)

.....dumbass :rolleyes::D

-Drew

• 2 weeks later...

I like M$'s Trackball optical...after using this and then trying to use other optical's, they seem like piece's of crap. It takes about two or three days to get used to using a trackball and then you hate other mice. The M$ trackball is pricey $50 USD but it is much more natural to use. The buttons are on top like a regular mouse and the trackball is huge for your thumb. It is really good if you are like me and you have no room to move a regular mouse around.

Here's that mouse: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/to_info.asp

Rick :)

How do you use that mouse Rick, just looking at gives me RSI of the thumb. Ive tried a friends a couple of times, and its like trying to p*** after sex....everywhere but in the bowl. I guess its just a coordination thing and patience, seems too much work for me :)