IE7-B1-WindowsXP-x86-enu

florydude

And why don't you just install SP3 and all Fixes up until EOL? Any reason not to? Seriously, it's bizarre to ask for a Beta of an insecure browser, in addiion to having an insecure OS. :crazy:

FWIW, you can get Beta2 here. Still, these require WGA. The IE7 RTM and IE8 RTM do not but require SP2 at minimum. http://filehippo.com/download_internet_explorer_xp/history

edit - Also, it was only available to MSDN subscribers but "leaked".

All links are dead to leaked "Internet Explorer 7.0 Beta 1 Build 5112.0" (the one you want).

Edited by submix8c

It's a Compaq Desktop 5086 with 200Mhz CPU (50x4) and 128 MB RAM (32x4 Edo) where I keep some very old stuff, and I need to recover some old messages and other stuff. SP2 may work but SP3 is out of question. 

Maybe, since is IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe and not IE7-B1-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe, then there is no update/iesetup.exe, probably we most run update.exe ...

P.S. Maybe someone can integrate this on a CD  :thumbup

Edited by florydude

???

The only diifference is one is Beta, the other is RTW(RTM). *BOTH* are "updates" to the IE6 that is *included* in XP. No magic here and you should be able to double-click the EXE and voila, the "update.exe" runs, just like any other update/hotfix. IOW, there -is no- IESETUP and nothing mysterious about it.

BTW, there was *never* a filename "IE7-B1-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe" - you were misled by whatever website you found that name on. The correct name is the name inside the RAR and is exactly the same as RTW(RTM). Again, nothing mysterious - remember that it was *only* available to MSDN subscribers for Beta Testing?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/beta%20test

And -no- there's no reason for anyone else to integrate this on a CD.

nLite integrates IE8, whether it will integrate IE7 (particularly a Beta) I have no clue and don't care to try.

You do it to yours and be happy with your obsolete/beta IE7 Update. ;)

I asked for clarification

Not sure what you mean by "old messages".
OE6 isn't included in the IE7+ Packages. It *is*, however, included in the IE6 Full Package (MAILNEWS.CAB) *and* in XP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Explorer_6

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlook_Express

According to the above (and confirmed) OE6 was the last OE to be issued.

So if that's your intent then you're SOL anyway with IE7.

"Recover some old messages and other stuff" isn't very infomative.

What *exactly* are you trying to do/"recover" and how?

Is it related to the OutlookExpress version or is SP3 too big in diskspace?

I lost my messages from more them one year do to a "partition disappearance" and I have on that HDD some downloaded from my ISP server in WLM *.eml format. I did only imported about 10 very important messages and some contacts from the old list to this PC so that I can add them back to Address Book so that not all messages that I receive go direct in Spam Folder and from all other older DVD backups.

I try to run WLM so that I can take a more close look on what other emails I have on that PC but there are some dependencies missing from shlwapi.dll that is included with IE7.

I do remember that I used on XP SP1a the option /integrate to integrate IE7 B1 it in the C:\CD-Share folder, and I used IE7 with B1 and never worked with B2. I also remember that before I purchased this PC I had a workaround that did come, if I remember correct with "Vista Transformation Pack" to make the kernel use less RAM and the PC worked as works with Base XP.

So, I was a little frustrated when I seen that I cant find any copy of IE7 B1, but there are many other ways to make WLM work even to wait 5 minutes for a program to load. 

Edited by florydude

WLM=Windows Live Messenger. I assume you "saved" them. BTW, ".EML" is not unique and OE6 should be able to import them. "*.EML" has nothing to do (directly) with IE.

http://www.softspire.com/how-to-locate-windows-live-mail-store-folder.html

http://www.vistax64.com/live-mail/173915-import-eml-files-into-outlook-express-6-windows-live-mail.html

You may be chasing the wrong rabbit. But good luck with your endeavors.

Edited by submix8c

So, I was a little frustrated when I seen that I cant find any copy of IE7 B1, but there are many other ways to make WLM work even to wait 5 minutes for a program to load. 

How so? You've been given above a working link to authentic beta 1 (look at the file versions!). Wasn't that what you wanted?

• 3 weeks later...

How so? You've been given above a working link to authentic beta 1 (look at the file versions!). Wasn't that what you wanted?

Do you mean "wb-ie7b1.rar" ? Does not have any iesetup.exe, or I cant read it correct from the server.

SP2 Vanilla works fine ATM with no updates, but I could not recover the messages only from a backup-DVD. I don't know what is with this PC since I installed on a 6 GB partition Ubuntu 8.10 and after install was finishing has been stooped at some language files near 100%. On XP SP1 I had similar problems wile I have accessed a shared folder on the server and I could only copy empty files, but after upgrading to SP2 Vanilla now is any file is working fine direct from same server.

Edited by florydude

Uh.... there *is* no "IESETUP.EXE: because in the "UPDATE" folder there's an "UPDATE.EXE". This bad boy works (hmmmm....) like a Hotfix (it's an "Update" to IE6, you see). You're really missing the boat on this, aren't you?

Try just *running* the file inside the RAR. Jeez, dude, the IE7 RTM works the same way (no IESETUP)! DO NOT EXTRACT THE ".EXE" CONTENTS, JUST THE EXE FROM INSIDE THE RAR (it's even the same name as the RTM). M-kay? Not rocket science.