Startup Items not starting on startup

My1

well I think the title says enough, to elaborate further on this I have several items to start from Autohotkey to make the kayboard on the laptop more usable, and my just recently found solution to kick home out of the Window, down to WinTHButtonhider which hides the task and search buttons since they're annoying.

and they are linked to the startup section through both ways, some through the registry and some others through the good old Startup folder.

All show up in the startup section in the task manager but none actually starts, which is clearly annying...

some Idea on how to fix this...

well I think the title says enough, to elaborate further on this I have several items to start from Autohotkey to make the kayboard on the laptop more usable, and my just recently found solution to kick home out of the Window, down to WinTHButtonhider which hides the task and search buttons since they're annoying.

and they are linked to the startup section through both ways, some through the registry and some others through the good old Startup folder.

All show up in the startup section in the task manager but none actually starts, which is clearly annying...

some Idea on how to fix this...

I have the same issue when I use AeroGlass for Win10 with a 3rd party theme.

weird. since I cannot use aero for win10, which is truly bad I think I cannot use the atlas as well (or can I?) I have to remain more or less stock for now, but none of my startup items are starting, is this maybe coz I have boh systems on the same hdd?

weird. since I cannot use aero for win10, which is truly bad I think I cannot use the atlas as well (or can I?) I have to remain more or less stock for now, but none of my startup items are starting, is this maybe coz I have boh systems on the same hdd?

If I use UxStyle with a 3rd party theme and NO AeroGlass the same thing happens.

I did have some problems with UX Style, see other thread for ref. and I am waiting for the dev to fix it if not already happened...

I used UXTheme Multi-Patcher 13.1.exe and it seems to work okay.

But it still does not load startup items with 3rd party themes.

Themes designed to run on Win10 seem to run fine

and all items startup like they're supposed to.

Edited by Dreamweaver01

Just another data point:

Items in my Startup folder all start for me okay on Win 10.  I use only Big Muscle's Aero Glass software and a themeatlas.png I created.

-Noel

For me it's not Muscle's Aero Glass software that's causing the problem,

it's using UxStyle, or something like it, with a 3rd party theme designed for Win8.1.1.

Maybe you could try the same?

• 2 weeks later...

I found someting that could help. could everyone who does not get his startup items started tell us whether he uses the start menu or -screen (you know the one from 8)???

I found someting that could help. could everyone who does not get his startup items started tell us whether he uses the start menu or -screen (you know the one from 8)???

I see what you mean.

I changed my taskbar settings to use the startup screen and all my startup items get loaded.

I used UXTheme Multi-Patcher 13.1, AeroGlass and a third party theme not designed for Win10.

Only problem is I don't like going to the startup screen first.

But good find anyway.