Themes for Windows 10

xXiNightXx

For those running windows 10 and want a little bit of change in its style try out some of these unique themes. Also if you find any others, feel free to post them here just no direct links to the files, only link to the developers page & who its made by. :D

Please note that themes on 10 can be unstable or break on future versions of the Technical Previews. Use with caution!

Windows 8 RP Style By xXiNightXx

Link

windows_8_rp__windows_10_technical_previ

Nome By neiio

Link

nome_for_windows_10_by_neiio-d818xv7.png

Slik by Link6155

Link
silk_for_windows_10_technical_preview_by

Vanilla by Link6155

Link

vanilla_for_windows_10_technical_preview

For those running windows 10 and want a little bit of change in its style try out some of these unique themes. Also if you find any others, feel free to post them here just no direct links to the files, only link to the developers page & who its made by. :D

Please note that themes on 10 can be unstable or break on future versions of the Technical Previews. Use with caution!

Windows 8 RP Style By xXiNightXx

Link

That RP style theme sure is an improvement over what they came up with for the Technical Preview! :thumbup

--JorgeA

All very nice, but most are altogether way too square-cornered (I like those subtle curved corners in Licorice - nice).

I really like very slightly rounded corners myself, though I don't mind sharp corners on the buttons.  That's doable by adjusting the drop shadow resources to add a small faux border.

Edit:  Resources updated - see my post below.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Yes there may not be round corners, you will have to keep in mind that not everyone had access to aero glass for win10 yet so you have to work with what you got. Round corners are nice however, those ones you made could use some work.

All very nice, but most are altogether way too square-cornered (I like those subtle curved corners in Licorice - nice).

I really like very slightly rounded corners myself, though I don't mind sharp corners on the buttons.  That's doable by adjusting the drop shadow resources to add a small faux border.

http://noel.prodigitalsoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/themeatlas.png

-Noel

Edited by xXiNightXx

Yes there may not be round corners, you will have to keep in mind that not everyone had access to aero glass for win10 yet so you have to work with what you got. Round corners are nice however, those ones you made could use some work.

Yes, I agree, the edges looked a bit fuzzy.  There's some kind of scaling or sub-pixel shift happening between the theme atlas drop shadow resources and the screen, so it may not be possible to achieve perfection this way.

I tidied things up a bit and was able to tighten up the edges a bit as well as ensure the rounded corners are pixel-perfect.

Win10DesktopUpdated.png

Theme atlas resource files, for use with the CustomThemeAtlas registry setting of Aero Glass for Win10 (or whatever it gets called when it's released)...

With dark caption glow for light text:

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/themeatlas.png

With light caption glow for dark text:

http://Noel.ProDigitalSoftware.com/ForumPosts/Win10/themeatlas_white_glow.png

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Good news everyone, themes from build 9841 are still compatible with 9860, however, what isn't compatible is ONE or Ribbon disabler. Another thing to note is that these themes will not have the new animations found in build 9860 if you choose to apply them.