[Guide]Way to Disable Keylogger/ Telemetry v3

aviv00

topic updated

[Guide]Way to Disable Keylogger/ Telemetry v2

Hi! Can you please clarify what the final result should look like? Shall it be like on the screenshot? Or all entries except two RSVP UDPv6 Serivce Provider shall be checked off?

I was looking for just such a topic!  MSFN and aviv00 deliver :) 
Is there a similar project for Win7 and Win8?  My searching is either pitiful or I'm in too much of a hurry this morning...

(Supposedly some of the telemetry stuff is being back-patched into older systems)

I was looking for just such a topic!  MSFN and aviv00 deliver :) 

Is there a similar project for Win7 and Win8?  My searching is either pitiful or I'm in too much of a hurry this morning...

(Supposedly some of the telemetry stuff is being back-patched into older systems)

Sure, here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/173752-how-to-avoid-being-upgraded-to-win-10-against-your-will/

7 and 8/8.1 users have a distinct advantage (though not at the same level of good ol' 2K or even XP users ;)).

jaclaz

The term "paranoid" unfortunately implies abnormality. 

A.  It's not abnormal to be concerned with one's private data being distributed online.  Others stand to profit from it, and it IS being sent elsewhere.

B.  It's particularly distasteful in these "modern" times when social pressures are being manipulated to try to label those who express concern or dissent as "haters".

Perhaps the terms "aware of current affairs and understandably cautious"  might be kinder - and more accurate.

For what it's worth, I've summarized in this post what I've done to try to muzzle Windows.  I've been mostly successful:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/174208-windows-10-deeper-impressions/page-10#entry1107178

-Noel

Sure thing. I was actually referring to an old joke here in Russia. It says even if you are paranoid it does not mean you aren't being looked after. :)

PS

thanks for putting efforts into forging and sharing these workarounds to keep sniffing in control. I gonna translate that dna share in Russian segment of the Internet :)

Steps2

MMC -> add snaps-in "cert" -> Computer account, set the cert like in the picture below

http://i59.tinypic.com/24gul9t.jpg

aviv00, can you please help me understand what is needed for this step #2?

I assume the screen-shot shows the list of trusted certificates and the idea is to set up a new one for *.vortex.data.microsoft.com but what are the exact steps?

• 3 months later...