Please help (re-install )

delukard

Hi , i'm having problems with installing xp64

I haven't used this OS since 2011 i use w7 x64 mostly after that (i used xp64 since the beta days )

so yesterday i tried to do a dual boot (used to have xp64 and vista-64) and xp installed fine, but then it hanged at some points or gave me bsod.

the culprit was my audigy 2 that either the card is damaged or the drivers gave me problem(wasn't using the audigy on w7)

so i removed it and re installed again xp64 but this time it hanged at a black screen after installing some updates from windows update.

i re installed again(3rd time) and started reading and apparently AVAST makes xp64 hang at a black screen (what happened to me my second time)  which BTW on my first install i also had AVAST.

So this third time i installed AVG and i also don't have the audigy 2 and so far no black screen and no BSOD. After using the pc for some hours and Some gaming (Morrowind)

ON WINDOWS 7 with the same hardware  never had a BSOD or a hang screen(didn't used the audigy 2)

Here is my question.

I have xp64 sp1 disk and the sp2.exe as backup on another hdd.

What would be the best way of installing xp64?

.-Install xp sp1

.-Install drivers

.-Install sp2

.-Access Microsoft update and install everything?(i can't access the site with sp1 only)

After installing every update, can someone point me to a tutorial in how to create an image that i can restore in case i need to resintall xp64? it takes  a lot of time configuring this OS lol.

I want to install xp64 because i started to play some old games that use EAX and also TBH Sound is more immersing in xp than on W7, at least to me.

Ty for any advice given

here' s my hardware

Asus P8H61-MLE

Intel I3 2100

Amd hd 7750

Realtek audion (onboard)

3x 2tb hdd (main one is only used for the OS ATM is partitioned for Dual boot)

8gb ddr3 ram