I feel win 9's gonna bring us a "surprise" like metro

aviv00

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-9-Preview-Leaked-but-Still-No-Leaks-459343.shtml

New code to determine the identity of the leaker

I have a feeling that win9 gonna bring us "surprise" like metro

maybe Microsoft making better system to tracking any user via digital signature

I'm not sure how its will be, but its will be awful to users privacy

Edited by aviv00

I'm trying to keep an open mind about Windows 9 as Windows 8 closed it completely. However, I'm not expecting myself to like it much if it continues going south from PC land and more towards tablet country. Maybe that's why I still use Windows 98. :)

However, if they don't get rid of those butt-ugly metro blocks from the start menu, that will be enough right then and there to turn me off the OS. MS to me has just been all about focusing on eye candy instead of real functionality. But that's only my two cents.

10 was chosen to mark that this will be the final full release of Microsoft Windows.  After the release of 10, updates will be once monthly (ala rapid release style like Google Chrome).  Technically, it seems that the re-engineering of Windows Update methodologies are the feature of Windows 10.

If rapid release does take hold (and the update engine IS indeed being reworked - though on the Tech Prview it's still like 8.1) I would hate if I like a particular feature on a certain revision (say 10.5).  Then let's say the feature is permanently changed on 10.6.  I would not be able to stay at 10.5 because the following updates will be pushed to customers.

One complaint.... Microsoft will not be making Chrome type updates. I'd say it is more like how Firefox pushes out updates. It doesn't do it for you but bugs you every day until you accept the update. Chrome, on the other hand, just updates all by itself without the user knowing. And the strange thing is that I have never seen a BAD update happen. It just seems to work the same, no weird bugs or anything.