Gosh's multiboot guide "Add XP Upgrade"?

Chris Lee

I am using gosh's multiboot guide on XP, and I still had alot of space to use up after my main os installation was on CD.

I was wondering If I'd be able to put a selection in the boot emu file to upgrade the 9x up to XP, whatever XP edition I want to upgrade to. How can I make the files to let XP upgrade? Thanks if you have any information.

You can just copy the whole CD, and then slim down from there, Because Gosh's method erases winnt32.exe no upgrade is possible, as you know, you can remove the language packs you don't need and the use jdeboeck's methods. Thus all of the upgrade information can be left intact.

Hmm, I have thought of that before, but all I want is the upgrade part intact, and then maybe use half of the installation source from XP Pro, and the other half the upgrade scripts. If that don't work, I guess it won't, because Gosh's scripts make the whole cd boot up from DOS.

I want to be able to select a option from DISKEMU.CMD which sends me directly to upgrade, but I really don't think there may be a way.

If it doesn't have a way, is there freeware I can install like partition managers? I own a copy of Partition Magic, but in the guide it does not explain how to add it on.

Maybe I'll use the space left to put applications on.

So you are looking for an autoupgrade kind of deal? Here is an option for you although it is not exactly what you are looking for, take another whole CD copy it to your HD then delete what is not needed via the slimming batch's mentioned above, then copy both distros to the iso, WXPP and WXPU, create your ISO with cdimage using the -o switch to optomize, this way you have the option to run Gosh's method of a clean format and then you have your upgrade method. This will cause the minimum amount of data neeed on the CD.

Just add the w9xupg folder or whatever it's called to the cd. Or install win9x, then use my reduce source and add it to the cd. In your answer file you'll want 9xupgrade=yes i believe is the correct switch, should work. Just remember you probably won't want to use oempreinstall=yes and 9xupgrade=yes in the same answer file.

-gosh